ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost a bit engine coolant

Clio Sport 172
Hi, just after opinions on this

1011567_10151886819690450_385703432_n.jpg

Pulled up at work the other day and noticed a little bit steam coming from the front grille. Opend it up to find what looks like coolant dried all over this pipe as if its been blown onto it. I can only presume its come from the top of the radiator? The fluid level has dropped a little but is still inbetween the max and min values. I have been driving about and it doesnt seem to have happend again. Any ideas?

Regards

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've heard of the fan blades warping and rubbing on the radiator fins, check for that? X

CLS320 with a D6
I've heard of the fan blades warping and rubbing on the radiator fins, check for that? X

This. The fan mounting unit warps over time and brings the tips of the fan blades into the rad. Only needs to scrub off a mm or two and it's got a hole

Clio Sport 172
Thanks folks, ill take a look tha morra. If it is the case a new radiator and fan yea? Typical, feckin MOT next couple of weeks haha
regards

CLS320 with a D6
Pretty much. You could get a new rad and shave some plastic off the fan housing but probably not worth the effort when you can pick one unit up pretty cheap. I've got a fan and radiator from renparts that I didn't need if you're interested. Used but genuine and leak tested etc before delivery

Clio Sport 172
Doesn't seem to have happend again, strange, I will too it up when my coolant arrives and keep an eye on it. Is it a radiator with aircon u have?
regards

CLS320 with a D6
No worries. It did have but I used the condenser for my car. Didn't need the test but try wouldn't split it

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Check your thermostat seal too. They can leak if a non genuine one has been used, and then drip over the block and plastics/pipes