ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loss of power

172 cup
hi guys any idea why the car would lose power randomly , wont go over 60 mph . like its got a limiter. turn ignition off and back on then its fine . any help would b great

Clio 182 cup
Sounds to me as the car has gone into "limp mode" is there a box with a wonky line going through it on the dash ?
I believe that it means there's a electrical fault somewhere I.e a sensor or something.

RenaultSport 182FF
hi guys any idea why the car would lose power randomly, wont go over 60 mph . like its got a limiter. turn ignition off and back on then its fine . any help would b great

Most common buddy would be the accelerator sensor, which involves just replacing the accelerator pedal + sensor, which is usually sold as one product. Your best bet would be to try and get one from a scrapyard.... Much cheapness!!!

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RENAULT-CLIO-ACCELERATOR-PEDAL-SENSOR-/18/!B+fw,PQCGk~$(KGrHqIOKnMEz4Ohhmi5BM+1fP5tkw~~_35.JPG

Failure upon that I have known the crank sensor to cause this problem just as much as the accelerator sensor....

I'm guessing you don't have a diagnostics tool ? Obviously then you would be able to identify it without the gamble of buying another part that doesn't need to be replaced. Unless you know someone that can get it diagnosed for you ?

But those two are the most common! ;)

Hope that helped :)