ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loss of power. toxic fume monitoring warning light and electrical fault light

Clio Sport 172
Can anyone help please, have just struggled to get home after losing power and now i have the toxic fume monitoring light and electrical fault light on. Looking in my book it just tells me to get in touch with Renault- not very helpful.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

172 with k-tec sound
Lambda maybe mate. Get it on diagnostics.

yes car sounds like its gone into limp mode, and probs wont rev above 2k. also check the wiring loom where it comes out of the ecu as these have a tendancy to rub thru the wiring causing issues, its quite common on these .

Last edited:
  Mk5 golf gti
warning light comes on by the second lambda but not neccasirily caused by the pre cat lambda

maybe running on 3 cylinders? loss of spark or fuel on one cylinder (probs spark with elec light one, coil pack maybe?)

this would cause the emissions light to come on and explain loss of power

be a world of guessing without diagnostics though (and not a cheap code reader)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Mine did this in December, it could be a lot of issues!!! But what cured mine was pulling the throttle body off and giving it a good clean where the butterfly valve is, there was about 2mm of crap inside that I cleaned with a cloth and WD40, then left it inside overnight in a warm place. Id advise trying this, might not do anything on yours but my car has done 3000 miles since, no issues at all :)

Good luck