ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of Power Steering....

vers le haut doigt milieu
Typically when turning the key of my French piece of crap and praying everything works today another thing stopped....

The power steering wasn't working at all and the battery and stop light was on, had to drive it anyway as I had to go to work. Couple hundred yards away from my house the lights go out and the power steering comes back, then when slowing and turning right I hear a horrible noise of what I think is a belt wining then the steering goes hard again.

It is obvious I have a problem with the power steering, what I would like to know is how does the power steering work on the Clio, is it belt driven and does it use the same belt as the cam's or is there anyother device on this belt? How much would it roughly cost to replace (thankfully I have a warranty) and would it of been caused by anything in particular?

Thank u.

please help anyone, I know I'm not flavour of the month atm but any help will do.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
It seems to me that your alternator could be at fault. Seeing as your battery light and stop light was on at the same time.

Check the belt for tightness for a start.

I believe the alternator belt runs the power steering pump on the 172 (unless it has electric power steering).

BMW M135i
Check the aux belt asap and don't run it until you have, if it comes off and goes into the cambelt as the like to do it'll be big bill time. Could be a failed aux belt tensioner or something else.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
As above mate, avoid driving it, if it does go your gonna more than likely have your aux belt all wrapped up in the cambelt :dead:...

You seem to be having some propa bad luck with this mate

Thanks guys, Im sure this day cannot get any worse but there is always a breaking point and I may be close.

Why would it do this? why? its a new belt. nothing been hit knocked etc. its been fine for over 2500 miles. why why why. WHY f**king EVERYTHING TODAY!