ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of Power, Stalls

1.2 Clio 16v
The 1.2 Mk2 keeps cutting out and loosing power from 1st to 3rd gear, any time I pull up at lights the car stalls! Had this problem, for around a month now and is bloody embarassing to say the least.

Had spark plugs replaced, throttle body cleaned and a new fly wheel sensor thrown in, and still the problem persists! Plugged in for diagnostics and nothing comes to light! Anyone any ideas or suggestions. The car has 83000 on the clock and does not get abuse!

Thanks

Last edited:
  Clio MK3 DCI
First off I'm not a mechanic.... I had a Peugeot that would sometimes cut out under braking. Turned out to be the head gasket. Just a suggestion.

1.2 Clio 16v
That would seem a resonable suggestion considering the car is using quite alot of oil and coolant, but thats been the case from I got it!

Cheers, ill get the gasket checked!

1.2 Clio 16v
Jesus my mechanic is sick of the sight of me haha! Right so ill get new coil pack in her and then see if that sorts it before I touch the HG! Cheers

Ged

PD130 Peach
dont spend money on a coil pack, a sniff test costs basicly nout and will quickly show you if the head gasket is fooked.

Ged

PD130 Peach
if it aint head gasket, probs will be a coilpack or could be a something like a fuel supply issue maybe? either that or an electrical sensor

1.2 Clio 16v
Aye ive been told it could be air in the fuel line! Never happens in 4th or 5th gear, usually 1st or 2nd and the revometer bounces up and down until it stalls!