ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of power maybe in limp mode?

1.2 16v clio
Whilst driving home the other night doing about 60 all of a sudden the car miss fired juddered and a warning light appeared on my dash (the same, light that comes on when the coil pack goes and then I could not go above 30mph. When I got it home I switched off the engine and then started it again and the warning light on the dash disappeared and the car drove as normal.

I took it into the garage anyway and the code that came back was somehthing to do with the 'downstream' sensor, but as the car drove well and they couldnt replicated the fault they checked the wiring, cleaned the throttle body and since then the car seems to be working as normal (touch wood). Does anybody now what could cause this, as now I am driving around worried that it is going to happen again.

The only thing I noticed before the problem occured was that the car was hunting on idle, but that too seems to have disappeared :s