ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of power 172cup

black clio 172
I bought my clio 172 on 03 plate and the exhaust went I drove it round for just over 2 days with no backbox now it has a replacement from fast fit I've lost all power any ideas why?? The exhaust is designed for the clio but why the loss of power??

clio 172
exhaust on or off shouldn't really make enough difference in power for you to feel a difference {if that makes scene}? maybe a lamber sensor ? only part that may cause power loss? is engine light on? i would prob say its a fault elsewhere with the car

black clio 172
The backbox fell off it split literally as it joined onto centre pipe so it was. Replaced. It lost a lot of power when it fell off (no back pressure) but it doesn't have that wow factor anymore I can still do normall speeds but that's it think I may have to dyno test it but duck knows!!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The backbox fell off it split literally as it joined onto centre pipe so it was. Replaced. It lost a lot of power when it fell off (no back pressure) but it doesn't have that wow factor anymore I can still do normall speeds but that's it think I may have to dyno test it but duck knows!!

engines don't need back pressure. You shouldn't of noticed hardly any difference in performance with the box on or off, only thing that would affect this is a dodge sensor or a blockage. Maybe your just getting used to it?

black clio 172
i only bought the car end of march? i think? but it used to chuck you to the back of your seat from like 50mph upto 120 and even at low speeds chuck u to your seat and now its like mehh cant be assed!! when the back box came off yea it was incredibly loud!! but it still felt quick the moment the new backbox on it just failed! and it feels sluggish.. may need to rolling road it, or just get aftermarket exhaust?

black clio 172
ok i didnt explain that enough when you go from the 1.2 8v to the 172 it chucks u to your seat!!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Get it on the rolling road like you said. I found when I went form a 1.2 to a 182 that I got used to it and suddenly it didn't feel quick anymore. I actually took it to a rolling road at this point, but low and behold it was putting out 180bhp, so no problems.

black clio 172
172 is originally actually 169 isnt it? it couldnt wouldnt have lost much bhp from nowhere so god knows!! but will have a look around and find one hopefully it just coz im used to the car if not ..... new car woooo

black clio 172
what on the 172?? occasionally the abs light and sometimes the esp light which are just sensors that need to be cleaned? or the your not going fast enough light but when it does turn off the fuel light comes on