ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loosing oil

clio
I have a clio 1.2 16v and its burning oil alot. Cant see it leaking from anywere but have to keep putting more oil in every 2-3 weeks. Got gunk on the filler cap aswell. Also on a morning when i start it up it sounds like its going to cut out so i give it a little bit rev and the revs go to 3000 and stay for a few seconds even when my foot aint on the pedal.
Sometimes a plastic burning smell comes from heaters but goes when i turn them off. Only happened a few times.
The back windscreen wiper has a mind of its own and sometimes goes on by itself and i cant turn it off.
Anyone know the problems?

Thanks

clio
Aye that, Ive took it to my local garage and he said its not the head gasket and my mate is a mechanic and he had a look and said the same. I thought it was head gasket when i seen it.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Do you do a lot of short journeys? That would explain the mayo in the cap. Mayon int he cap doesn't automatically mean HG failure.

With the oil, it's either leaking it, or burning it. How much do you have to top it up?