ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loosing my stripes

Clio v6

I think Renaults heart was in a reminisant heritage mood, but they forgot about the stripe/chav factor in the UK.

well i think it does make it stand out from a crowd, i am not a chav however i am a fan of the gordini style stripes so i would say keep them !

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

You want some pink flames Iain...I know where you can get some ;).....keep the stripes...makes it stand out.

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Nice pics, I would keep the stripes; Im just wondering, can someone photoshop me a clio of that colour with black stripes, wonder how it would look?

Octavia VRS

they dont look too bad but I would never get stripes...again just because of the attention it gets/chav factor

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Keep them but take them off the bumpers.

Theyre only meant to be on the bonnet, roof, spoiler and tailgate.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

i dont like em not over the bumper. Looks like half a job otherwise.

Having them right down the front makes the car look lower and more aggressive imo.

Its all or nothing 4 me :D

tiTTy & SV650

it defo stands out you dont see that blue with stripes... add some white turinis and a your laughing

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 01 July 2005

Well i really wanna get rid of the stripes on my cup but i do still think they look good.

Just dont like the attention it gets from the local chavs..

Wot do u guys think?

Keep the stripes and buy some chav repellant. ;)

Golf R/Leon FR

keep the stripes dude although maybe take them off the bumper.

but at the end of the day its up to you

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Quote: Originally posted by David on 01 July 2005

i like them...but i understand what u mean.
Same here.....but If it went to a vote,id say keep them.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Im going to say something controversial now!

If its not a Racing Blue 182, they arent gordini stripes, they are chav stripes so thats why you are getting all the attention. Plus they are not correct for gordini stripes being over the bumper essentially they are just a couple of stripes.

I say lose them. this is all IMHO. :p

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 01 July 2005

If its not a Racing Blue 182, they arent gordini stripes, they are chav stripes so thats why you are getting all the attention. Plus they are not correct for gordini stripes being over the bumper essentially they are just a couple of stripes.

He never said they were Gordini Stripes (and as you say, these would only be on the Racing Blue anyway), they are essentially just a couple of stripes, which is what he said!

I like them personally, especially over the bumper. After seeing some of the actual Gordini Stripe efforts on Racing Blue Clios (some are shocking, cant believe people bought them like it, I assume they were aftermarket and not fitted by Renault in all cases) these are very tidy and do look agressive. White Turinis would look great with them.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 01 July 2005

I say lose them. this is all IMHO. :p [/QUOTE]He never said they were Gordini Stripes (and as you say, these would only be on the Racing Blue anyway), they are essentially just a couple of stripes, which is what he said!I like them personally, especially over the bumper. After seeing some of the actual Gordini Stripe efforts on Racing Blue Clios (some are shocking, cant believe people bought them like it, I assume they were aftermarket and not fitted by Renault in all cases) these are very tidy and do look agressive. White Turinis would look great with them.

dont get picky, they are in the same location (if a little long) and same colour and width apart as gordini stripes and were put on after seeing gordini stripes so they are supposed to be gordini stripes.

dk

911 GTS Cab

in fact the reason i didnt get them on my racing blue is purely for this reason, they attract the wrong attention, only people in the know will see them as gordini stripes (on a racing blue ofcourse;)) but the majority of people will see them as chav stripes no matter how good we think they look.

He never said they were Gordini Stripes (and as you say, these would only be on the Racing Blue anyway), they are essentially just a couple of stripes, which is what he said!

I like them personally, especially over the bumper. After seeing some of the actual Gordini Stripe efforts on Racing Blue Clios (some are shocking, cant believe people bought them like it, I assume they were aftermarket and not fitted by Renault in all cases) these are very tidy and do look agressive. White Turinis would look great with them.

dont get picky, they are in the same location (if a little long) and same colour and width apart as gordini stripes and were put on after seeing gordini stripes so they are supposed to be gordini stripes.
My point is though that 99.9% of people who see a Racing Blue 182 with "authentic" Renault Gordinis are going to think they are chav aftermarket mods anyway. It doesnt really make a difference to the majority of people. Only Mini Coopers seem to be able to get away with it.

[Edited by ukaskew on 01 July 2005 at 1:42pm]

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 01 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 01 July 2005 Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 01 July 2005

I say lose them. this is all IMHO. :p [/QUOTE]He never said they were Gordini Stripes (and as you say, these would only be on the Racing Blue anyway), they are essentially just a couple of stripes, which is what he said!I like them personally, especially over the bumper. After seeing some of the actual Gordini Stripe efforts on Racing Blue Clios (some are shocking, cant believe people bought them like it, I assume they were aftermarket and not fitted by Renault in all cases) these are very tidy and do look agressive. White Turinis would look great with them.
[/QUOTE]
dont get picky, they are in the same location (if a little long) and same colour and width apart as gordini stripes and were put on after seeing gordini stripes so they are supposed to be gordini stripes.[/QUOTE]My point is though that 99.9% of people who see a Racing Blue 182 with Gordinis are going to think they are chav aftermarket mods anyway. It doesnt really make a difference to the majority of people. Only Mini Coopers seem to be able to get away with it.

totally agree, see my post above^^^^^^^^^

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

tbh im not a reno purest or bothered about them being a homage (sp) to early reno racing.

I only put em on last summer so i could find my car at a cs meet ;)

Its about 50 50 then..which is how i feel about em

MKIII 138

the only thing i noticed in that picture was a racing blue 182. every shot whether its a group shot or has v6s in i always notice the racing blue.

best colour to stand out.

btw stripes are a bit pump but not so bad as to get rid of them. it makes you look a little bit like your trying to hard to make your 182 seem fast, which it already is ? so why bother.

cock mobile.

I think they look great, much better having them all the way over the bumper.

Saying that, I dont think I would have them myself, due to the chav factor you have mentioned!

Elise/VX220/R26

get them off they look dreadful, nobody knows jean ragnotti it just makes your car look a right tit!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 01 July 2005
get them off they look dreadful, nobody knows jean ragnotti it just makes your car look a right tit!

without trying to start a fight, whats Jean Ragnotti got to do with it though?:confused:

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 01 July 2005
gordini, whatever you see even I dont know and Im a reformed cliophile!!!

exactly why there is little point in having them, nobody knows the real reason for them except the hardcore, they mean nothing