ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loose belt where do I stand

M135i, 118 coupe
Recently my car has been squealing when on full lock. I thought it might be the pas pump.

When looking I found that the metal rod on my puremotorsport air con delete kit going from my alternator upwards had snapped a bolt so was only attached at the alternator end.

When speaking to Renault they said this would of caused the problem also my belt is not tight enough.

So firstly how much would it cost to tighten the belt?

Should the company that did my full belt change along with alot of other work cover the cost?

I would take it back there but I am based in Germany with the armed forces so it's not an option.

172/1.2/E30
To tighten the belt, you would need a new adjuster rod from pure motorsport or going back to standard/cup setup.

btw: Where are you based in Germany?

M135i, 118 coupe
I'm in paderborn Sennelager mate.

Don't like the sound of that. It's difficult explaining to the Germans why I have no air con and what the kit actually is.

172/1.2/E30
Can´t you get a new rod from pure-motorsports and fit it? Renault dealerships can be quite useless here...

Wait, just had a look at the kit. Is the rod itself damaged or just a fixing bolt? Could you get a picture up?

M135i, 118 coupe
It's just the fixing bolt, spoke to nick who is going to send me a new one then getting Renault to tighten the belt at the same time nick assures me it's a half hour job