ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loom removed to fit cage - refitted and now red immobiliser light lit

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
As above, we removed the interior loom and dash to fit my roll cage. Now we've refitted it we are getting a red immobiliser light and no cranking.

The indicators at the back work also but not the front. Is this a UCH issue, have I missed plugging something on of is it something else?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Did you unplug the UCH with the battery still connected?

Make sure the bolts on all 3 earths are connected under the windscreen (Left, Right and Centre), the 3 plugs are collected to the UCH and check the fuses.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Did you unplug the UCH with the battery still connected?

Make sure the bolts on all 3 earths are connected under the windscreen (Left, Right and Centre), the 3 plugs are collected to the UCH and check the fuses.
The UCH was still connected to the loom but I'm not sure if the battery was disconnected when the multi plug was split. School boy error I know!

UCH plugs seem fine but ill check again and I'll check all fuses.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You really should plug it in to see what's got its knickers in a twist mate cos it could literally be anything from a poor connection to a blown unit.

Check the simple things first like earth's but honestly, clip time would be money will spent if you don't find anything obvious.

Mick

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I've just plugged my RSTuner in and it can't connect to the ECU.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I removed the inlet manifold to swap the blower but the car ran after that. Not done anything since we did the loom.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The bolt through the bulkhead pulling the two halves of the loom together wasn't tight enough. Doh!