ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loom help

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
Basically cut a long story short I've done a 172 conversion for rallying.

All loom and plugs connected up.
Installed new battery and as soon as I connected the earth it sparked and the started motoring didn't stop spinning.

Only waited 2sec before disconnecting straight away.

Is this a bad earth? Or is it shorting somewhere.

Any help welcome

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m

Installed new battery and as soon as I connected the earth it sparked and the started motoring didn't stop spinning.

Any help welcome

Any help welcome

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m

Attachments

• 20161223_200525.jpg
    20161223_200525.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 51

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
well that won't of helped if it was shorted out.
Either that or the earth that's the only 2 things I can think of.

You know the battery negative terminal of that is 2 smaller earth wires with a square spade connector. Where does that go? I had it on the chassis. Don't know if that's a problem also
20161223_164000.jpg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Fairly certain that earth lead from the battery bolts onto the chassis just behind the passenger headlight, on one of the belt holes you can just see in the bottom rand hand corner in the photo

As for the starter motor spinning over I'd imagine the lead has moved as its been tightened up and was touching both studs on the back of the motor which will `complete the circuit` and the motor will come to life as soon as you connect the battery