ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looks like my bean got written off this aft :(

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Just been and given it a quick wash and tbh it still passes the 10 foot test alright apart from the bumper damage.:LOL::ROFLMAO::unsure:. Am I being stupid swapping???

20190516_182332.jpg
20190516_190751.jpg
20190516_190802.jpg
20190516_190813.jpg
20190516_190838.jpg
20190516_190855.jpg
20190516_190907.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
New bumper, jobs a good'un.
Say you put belts on it, then keep the car for 5 years and decide to sell up, you've lost nothing!

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Ok I've just read this whole thing.

I'm a BMW senior ATA panel technician and looking at the damage to the boot floor, back panel, tailgate and bumper, this I would repair all day long.

I would buy a pattern new back panel and fit it, whilst the back panel was off i would straighten the the boot floor.
Then weld your new panel in and try to match the seam sealer as close to factory as possible then paint it.

I would find a second hand 182 bumper and second hand tailgate, prep them paint them, fit them and your done.

You wouldnt be able to tell.

The category S means that it was deemed an uneconomical repair. Insurance will comfortably pay up to 66% of you vehicle pre accident value but can go up to 85% if you are pushy enough that you want to keep the vehicle.

It's important to get an agreed value at the point you take out your insurance policy as that's what both you and the insurance have agreed its woth so after an accident theres no arguments about the current market value as let's face it as 15 year old cars they are now basically scrap value.

If as a buyer is saw the damage and the repair process and who carried out the work it wouldnt put me off buying.

If in future anyone reading this is in a similar situation and not at fault in an accident dont be so hasty to let the insurance scrap your car. They arent worth much to start with so damage categorys arent going to effect the price.

I personally would have bought back the car, repaired it and pocketed the rest of the cash, thankyou very much Mr I slipped of my clutch pedal. I would probably have it done at work aswell so I would be getting paid to repair my own car... win win all round lol

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Export the car and then import it again.

Categorisation gone
Wierdly that actually works!!!

Polish and Romanian car repairers have been found to be buying total loss cars from the uk. Importing them to their countries. Repairing them to no british standards as cheaply as possible and then sending them back receiving a new Reg as an import vehicle and nobody knows any different!!!

This guy for instance. Bloody good at his job but modern high strength steel can not be repaired only replaced. Any one in another shut in this car would most definitely be I trouble.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Wierdly that actually works!!!

Polish and Romanian car repairers have been found to be buying total loss cars from the uk. Importing them to their countries. Repairing them to no british standards as cheaply as possible and then sending them back receiving a new Reg as an import vehicle and nobody knows any different!!!

This guy for instance. Bloody good at his job but modern high strength steel can not be repaired only replaced. Any one in another shut in this car would most definitely be I trouble.

That's why i said it haha