ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to change..

172 Flamer, BMW E46
I'm looking to change my MK1 Clio next year for a MK3 1.2 turbo...

I will be sad to see my car go after all the hard work and effort that's been put into it but she's getting on a bit now..

Anyway, a few questions:)

What are the best performance upgrades for the MK3,

And I'm looking to go low but standard on the outside, just wheels, low, wide and an exhaust..

Anyone got any advice or pics :) much Appriciated:) thanks

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Why, newer, less miles, bigger, won't go wrong as much, 130 BHP once mapped compare to my 58, insurance is still
Cheap.. Sounds like quite a good one to me?

172 Flamer, BMW E46
My car will be fixed tommorow Paul:) well hopefully!! Lol, and yeah I am deffimately thinking about getting one, insurance is only increased by £100, as it's standard compared to mine and alot newer!!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Stick with the mk1 & drop a decent engine in, cheaper & much more fun in the long run ;)

Stick with the mk1 & drop a decent engine in, cheaper & much more fun in the long run ;)

Got to disagree unless its a valver or Williams (which I'm guessing it isnt) I wouldn't bother with them, they are too old now and too prone to metal worm. I say the mk3 would be a nice car for a 17 year old. Like you said cheap to insure and nippy enough

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Got to disagree unless its a valver or Williams (which I'm guessing it isnt) I wouldn't bother with them, they are too old now and too prone to metal worm. I say the mk3 would be a nice car for a 17 year old. Like you said cheap to insure and nippy enough

But that's the boring & expensive way of doing things :rolleyes: & by decent engine I mean dropping a valver, williams or even F4 lump in it, plus his mk1 is pretty decent it just lacks the grunt to make it a hell of a lot of fun to drive, going mk3 will be a massive step back in the fun department and is certainly going to cost a hell of a lot more money

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
the mk3 is a nice car an' all to have at 17 but why not just put the cash you were going to spend it towards a 1*2 and pay the insurance cost aswell for less than the price of a 1.2turbo mk3, just my 2pence worth, that is the way i would spend the money any ways

172 Flamer, BMW E46
I would love to do the conversion to my Mk1, it would be awesome as it handles mint and the brakes are awaome it just lacks the power, the only thing that is putting me off doing a conversion Is the insurance, and The fact its a he'll of a lot of work, + I won't have a car whilst the conversion is being done :(! I think I'll add up the cost of doing a conversion and see what it's gna cost me :)

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Have you considered getting something different altogether? Does it have to be a Renault? I would only ever buy a fast Renault.
The current Suzuki Swift Sport for example gets outstanding reviews. It's way better looking, has 17 inch wheels, twin exhausts, proper interior, climate control, wouldn't need modding, has a proper gearbox and well, it's a Suzuki so isn't going to fall apart.

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Nah I would only ever buy a Renault mate, I work for Renault so it makes sense really, if I don't do an engine conversion on mine I'll deffimately be buying another Clio...