ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking in Lowestoft

Monaco Blue 172
Good morning,

Thought i'd best say hello, rather than just lurk.

Currently own a Megane (nothing special) but have been on the lookout for a 172 or 182 for a few weeks now.

Prompted to post when I saw a Silver 182 at the Water Lane car park with cliosport.net stickers Saturday, had a good nose around it (hope the owner doesn't mind) can only describe it as immaculate, certainly looks as though the owner treats it to a good proper wax and polish on a regular basis!

Anyway, i'll be keeping an eye on the for sale forum, and if/when I get one, no doubt i'll be far more active.

I'm quite particular, took me months to buy a TVR Cerbera when I wanted one, but I know i'll find the right one if i'm patient.

Cheers
db

Monaco Blue 172
I saw the ph1, but as nice as it is, i'm after a ph2 or a 182 in standard (don't mind a subtle exhaust, but anything else would be overkill for me) i'm a bit of a purist.

Sadly the Cerbera the made way for bricks and mortar (not to mention it cost £6k over 2 years just to keep tip top!)

Ironically, I had a garage put on the house just for the Cerb, then couldn't afford to run it any more (well, not without some serious ear ache from wife) So money was put aside for when the kids are a bit older.

I'll post a link to my ph profile with a picture though. I've read the rules, hopefully that's allowed!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/profile.asp?memberId=73206&f=169&h=0&mid=73206

Monaco Blue 172
Bumpity bump!!

Still looking lol! I've actually changed my mind and now fancy a 172, but finding a low mileage one with sensible service history is proving difficult. There's a dealer in Doncaster with one for sale 54k on the clock and no paperwork whatsoever for £2k. I'm not brave enough for that unfortunately.

If anyone is considering selling, a clean straight unmodified example, feel free to let me know! Budget £2.5k as I blew the rest on a T4 Camper a couple of weeks ago.