ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at this 182 on thursday

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 full fat
when i'll finish work on thursday,i'm going to look at this...what do you reckon.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=04

The only thing with this web site. is that i keep reading all the bad things about the clio,engine mounts,gearbox,exhaust mounts,rattles

what are the pros are having a clio 182...and what is the downside of having one...

this will be my only car,and i''ll do about 10,000 miles a year!

Thanks Ian

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
If your after bullet proof reliability with no rattles then buy a Civic Type R.

There of the same pace and £5500-6000 will secure you a mint example.

Dissy

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  RS200
Hi
Just sold 182 after 2 years ownership first car that had since a R5 GT Turbo that puts a smile on your face when driving it. Very reliable 16000 miles only servicing.
Just need to make sure this car as had large service with cambelt and aux bely etc (5 years). Sold mine with 55k fsh factory sat/nav cd changer cup spliitter and cup suspension pack had 5 yr service in VVVGC for £5100.
Great car smooth power to 5K RPM then takes off like a kick up arse. Loves to be driven hard and returns 36 MPG if driven sensibly.
Regards Tim

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 full fat
Thanks for that but it the clio that i want....any thought about the car i'm seeing on thursday?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thanks for that but it the clio that i want....any thought about the car i'm seeing on thursday?

Car looks ok A few bits to help you along-

You have to consider the car as 'Cosmetic' & 'Mechanical' & cover all aspects to check the car-

Cosmetics-
Go over the car panel by panel, 43k Miles could be harsh on the bonnet & bumper or ok depending on how its been driven-

Check the front splitter isnt broken-

Check the fog lights for cracks-

Check the tyres & if they are all the same brand-

Check all the alloys for kerbing etc-

Interior wise- Steering wheel is highly Perishable-

Mats- Should have them-

All usual checks on Seats & general wear & tear-

In terms of panels I would price up what you think its going to need to get it perfect- Front end is usually around £400
Alloys £60 per corner refurb
Tyres £100 per corner-
Car park dents are usually £35 per panel

Move onto the Servicing & mechanics-
Again the guides can help here & im not a mechanic- however-

Service book on that car should really be 4 stamps- are they Renault- hes charging top dollar- you want premium Service-
Check the last date of the service it shouldnt be overdue-

CAMBELT change is OVERDUE- it will say this on one full page of the service book 5 years or 72k is the MAXIMUM before changing the belts-
Cost for this is around £500

A/Con- Easiest way to check if it gassed is let the car sit @idle, turn the fans on to around 2 or 3 bar & hit the air con button- you should here an immeadiate clink from the compressor- its like a loud tick- if that doesnt come on then its not gassed- which may mean a leak etc-

Brakes - check the pad depth & disks etc- test drive make sure theres no driving-
Steering wheel should be dead centre..

Theres a few more bits but that covers most of it-

In terms of the add- Brabus pack- No such thing>? Heated seats? no such thing - Seats look standard issue to me-

Price~ you have probably some bartering fodder there especially with the belts- however depending on the mood he is in whatever price you come to he will have a bottom price & will probably stick to it-

DONT ACT KEEN

£5750 Is where that car is from a dealer.... Maybe more downwards if you are PXing

S

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Good advise from Steve, in summary its a little overpriced.
The market is flooded with these so don't buy the first one you see, needs to be mint for that cash.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
At least get the belts done for that much. I have only had mine a few months and it took me a while to find the right one.

Mine is a 172 with slightly less miles but is the same age.

There are a few for sale, but not all of them are decent, the ones with service history etc do command a fair bit more. Like I say, I looked at a few and I just turned and walked away from a couple without even getting as far as starting the engine.