ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at Estates . . .

clio...
Right; So i've been looking at Estates for ones grand-farther.
Money isn't a problem.
However... Choice is.

Now, I've been looking at the V70s and just had a little look at a V50. Hes said he wants to have a gander at some Merc ones... But i've been thinking what else is there?

I've thought audi & Jag...But apparently the Jag aint all that big in the back and it'll have to be reasonably big due to the fact we have 2 bears to accomidate.

Looking for things with lots of toys. Satnav, Climate control, Heated seats and all that other posh stuff. Ideally a nice comfy auto...

So any suggestions?

clio...
Would be superb if they would just dump a nice diesel engine in there haha; My grandas getting to be an old man now, So something as pokey as an RS6 would kill the poor bugger.

Vectra Estate.

Personaly I'd recomend some MPV type thing easier to get in and out of often which is handy when you older.

clio...
Hes got some mad massive merc van MPV thing at the minute but its just a bit to big.

Just got my eyes open for something more refined for him!

Had considered a Vouge but its to high for my nan with her bad leg. Or else it would be ideal.

clio...
Yeah; Even the new ones seem alright.

going to pop into the Merc & Volvo garage this week hopefully.

Still open to further advise.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
BMW 525d Tourer

148186-1.jpg

Turbos.
Well if money is no problem, i would go for a Radford DB5. They made 11, although the very first was made by Tickford.

db5_11.jpg

db5_10.jpg

db5_07.jpg

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Cause if he's elderly he ain't going to get in & out of some of the cars mentioned ;)

clio...
Been to BMW today; Got a 5series 530d touring coming in for me to have a proper gander at.

They had the 3 series tourings but i wasnt impressed at all. Not as much room as needed.

Going to have a look at a new freelander soon; Apparently you can lower the suspension down on those making it easy for the cripple to get in.

Been to BMW today; Got a 5series 530d touring coming in for me to have a proper gander at.

They had the 3 series tourings but i wasnt impressed at all. Not as much room as needed.

Going to have a look at a new freelander soon; Apparently you can lower the suspension down on those making it easy for the cripple to get in.

Why not get a car suited to getting in and out wihtout needed silly suspension.