ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looking at a 172

Vectra SRi
hi, sometime in the new year i'll be looking at getting rid of my ibiza cupra . .

media3.jpg

reason being i'll be looking for 2 slightly cheaper cars for when my girlfriend's on the road. i've had a 182 in the past and i loved it, just had alot of trouble with it! :(

i was thinking of picking up a nice flame red 172, i've seen one locally for £4500 on an 03 plate, is this reasonable or do they go cheaper? i know it's one of the rarer colours to find so are they worth more money? if so i may consider a silver but it wouldn't be my first choice!

Pug 205 gti
they go for less then that buddy, have a look on pistonheads. i dont think flamers are that rare, they'll be about buddy

Ph1
Too much for a 03 unless its got stupidly low miles, FRSH and one owner.

Non of the rare colours seem to compand a price premium over the more common colours.

They do go for less than 4.5k yeah, but if it's a minter then it'll be worth that bit more than an average one, circa 4k is about right for a cracker, less for a not as nice one. It's not worth more over a silver one though.

Check it's got fsh etc, all belts & stuff should have been done. How many miles it on ?

The factory nav is rare, but tbh it's not that good, even with an up to date cd in it. A tomtom is better by miles. Miles are average on it.
If it's very nice and you pay 4k or a bit less for it, that would be fair.

Vectra SRi
nah mate just had my car from them and every photo i've taken it looks faded! Only thing i'd say to you if you buy it, make sure you get a receipt for your warranty if you pay for it, 2 months after buying the car it still hadn't turned up so i got a refund! But if i hadn't chased it up . . ! I'm really happy with the car though, no complaints there!