ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at 182 Cup for sale - Opinions welcomed!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Looking at 172 Cup for sale - Opinions welcomed!

Hey guys!

My brother is looking into buying a 172 Cup and has found this one for sale nearby.. 2002 RENAULT Clio 2.0 16v Renaultsport 172 Cup ..

media

Details taken from the add:

• Reg
  • Hatchback
  • 54,000 miles
  • Manual
  • 2.0L
  • Petrol
3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 54,000 miles, Blue. Full electric pack, Alloy wheels, Passenger airbag, Remote locking, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Sports seats, Body coloured bumpers, Drivers airbag, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Front fog lights, Front head restraints, Heated door mirrors, Rear wiper, Remote central locking, Trip computer, Metallic Paint, immaculate throughout, Any inspection welcome. Insurance Group:16, £3,750 ono

Ryan is looking into trading in his 2008 Focus Zetec with only 14.5k miles but hasn't received a quote yet from the dealer yet. A similar car is on autotrader for around £8000 so obviously it makes sense to sell it privately as the dealer won't offer as much as that in a trade in!

What should we be looking out for in this 172 though? Dealer mentioned it has a full renault service history which sounds great plus Trev on here knew the previous owner (Chris_Mac) so it must have been well looked after..

Thanks a lot for reading, looking forward to hear your thoughts!

Last edited:
That's a 172? But you've put 182 in the title and the thread...

It's had the washer jet bits smoothed in so may have had a front end smash at some point.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
and its got xenons....

Lights and bumper should look like this

002.jpg

Last edited:

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Edited sorry :eek:

That's a 172? But you've put 182 in the title and the thread...

It's had the washer jet bits smoothed in so may have had a front end smash at some point.

Frig I never noticed that... could be a possible reason why though!

BG 182 FF
when you say sport seats are they cloth i.e cup seats or the half leather and alacantra (sp)
I would make sure its had its belts done in the service book too

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
when you say sport seats are they cloth i.e cup seats or the half leather and alacantra (sp)
I would make sure its had its belts done in the service book too

Thanks man that a good pointer about the seats! Like i said the dealer mentioned on the phone to ryan its has a full renault service history but they didnt go into a pile of detail!

Ryan is planning on ringing them tomorrow again so ill get him to take a note of asking about when the belts were last done!