ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look waht arrived today...

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Blaupunkt Velocity VPc 172 6" Component Speakers!!! and 2 rolls (12 sq ft) Stinger Roadkill. i bought the comps 2nd hand online! the terminals on the crossovers are a little tarnished but easily cleaned up/replaced!!

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01972.jpg

and in comparison to my old 5" Alpine SXE "E Series" lol... they're f**king huge!!!

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

im like a little boy on his birthday, i cant bloody wait to fit these and test them!

Renshaw

Clio 16v
Damn they are big! havnt seen or heard them before but they look meaty enough! that tweeter is massive!

Seal the door well and mount the mids on beefy baffles and they should sound great!

do you gonna be messing about with these and the 3 way nv set as well huh?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Damn they are big! havnt seen or heard them before but they look meaty enough! that tweeter is massive!

Seal the door well and mount the mids on beefy baffles and they should sound great!

do you gonna be messing about with these and the 3 way nv set as well huh?

dont think i'll bother with the NVs just yet bit too ambitious for an amateur me thinks! they where supposed to be delivered y'day (along with a few other things) but i got an email to say that my address had 'come off' during transit so they've been sent back to the depot! dicks!! i want a refund now but they're offering me a little something by way of an apology, didnt say what tho... could be a wiring kit maybe? or a poke in the eye lol!! now im not sure whether to wait for another delivery and see what the freebee is and sell it on to make a bit of cash out of them!!?!

i test fitted one of the drivers and guess what... its massive compares to the hole in the door frame so might have to cut away some of the metal of stick 2 12mm baffles together or summat. jus waiting on some 18mm baffles so i can test fit them but i dont think i'll get away with it. dunno yet! oh yeah... they sound more meaty on their own than when i had my sub in haha. i cant wait to get it all finished.

i've took lots of pics so im gonna make a guide on what i did too. watch this space!

Renshaw

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Was it a dash off jobby? or is there a possibility that some small hands can unwire the tweeters, and take them out, then put the new tweeters in, then wire them back up?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
i took the dash off to fit them. more space to fiddle around and see waht im doing. but u can just unscrew the covers (anti-clockwise) and try that way. bit fiddly tho. these new tweeters fill the hole in the dash so i may have the option of making a bracket or a ring anf then mounting them onto the dash. still cant get over how big they are in comparison haha

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
ok ...i just hooked up the mids to my amp and they dont sound that great past a quarter volume! played around with the gains and no improvement! they sound as if they're blowing or summat. the speakers themselves look to be in good shape so i cant figure out whats going on!!!

help

Renshaw

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
not sealed just jet. how can i seal my doors? can i just get away with covering the huge gaps over with the stinger sound deadening stuff??