ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

longlife decat £50

clio 172
just went to longlife and they charge 5o pounds for a decat fitted .is this a good prices.they make custom but will it match what i alredy have wich is a miltek cat back :S

£50 for a brand new decat is pretty good, especially as the 172 decat is a pain in the ass to fit.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Longlife Exhausts = Gash

Everything they make falls apart-- my mini one had so many welds it looked like a prop out of the A-team

Warrenty not transferrable as well-- although decat isnt exactly megbucks anyway-

I went to the one at the top end of wallington-- Bloke that worked there was a right sp*nk monkey

Avoid-

clio 172
Longlife Exhausts = Gash

Everything they make falls apart-- my mini one had so many welds it looked like a prop out of the A-team

Warrenty not transferrable as well-- although decat isnt exactly megbucks anyway-

I went to the one at the top end of wallington-- Bloke that worked there was a right sp*nk monkey

Avoid-

yes this is the shop i just went to. i live round the corner from it.i have been looking everywere eles and havent found no1 that can do it asap longlife can only fit this on tusday.i have a miltek cat back will it relly make a difrences if they fit a small pipe.i falt it was a good price tbh.and they guy that works there is a t**t always has been and pritty much everyone that has always worked there has been lol.if it looks gash i will not pay for it.

There's still welds and stuff on the decat, the tight spot they've got to get into to fit it, it's not just a simple straight pipe, there's lots they can bugger up.

Honda & VW
to be honest each franchise can't be tarred with the same brush as the one by me is brilliant, used them 3 times over the years as have mates and have always had good value,service and quality.

clio 172
well the guy that worked there told me that miltek are s**t and will break and fall apart.im so happy with my miltek sytem just want a decat.looked on ebay looked on the web and its gana cost 100pounds pluss fitting cost so.i think im going to go with longlife

a decat is only a straight piece of pipe , you cant go far wrong , and for that guy to tell you miltek is sh1t , he is talking out of his ass , he obviously wants to sell you a longlife ,

i have always had miltek on my cars and never had any prob's with them , had them on all of my 1.8t cars and one of them was running nearly 400bhp , i have had about 7 1.8t cars , must just be sh1t on clio's , as they seem to be the exhaust to go for on the vag's

clio 172
ok had my decat today.first thing guys is he just cut the cat out and put pipe there didnt change the hole pipe.hmmmmm he cut up to the sensor bit and welded up to it
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

clio 172
hahahahahha i was larthing at the falt of all the coments as i was drawing this but you get the idea lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
WTF? Do you know how much catalystic converters cost? Theyre a lot more than £50 second hand.

I'd be f**king furious.

clio 172
just went and got the old cat.so it can be put back on for mot.that was lucky you all told me thank you very much

clio 172
So your gonna have to get your cat welded back on for your mot? or am i missing something.

yeh the guy at longlife said he cut it in a way it can be cut and put back for mots

what a load of crap :( rely pissed off tbh but my mpg is amazing now so not botherd and feels alot quiker aswell

Track 172cup
What a cowboy, so let me get his right, he expects you to (and your going to by the sounds of it) cut the decat pipe off, weld the cat back in, cut the cat back off and reweld the decat pipe on EVERY year lol !

All to save him making up a couple of flanges.....

Longlife Oxford done the same with mine but put flanges where they cut so it would have taken 15 mins or so to swap from cat to decat.

clio 172
What a cowboy, so let me get his right, he expects you to (and your going to by the sounds of it) cut the decat pipe off, weld the cat back in, cut the cat back off and reweld the decat pipe on EVERY year lol !

All to save him making up a couple of flanges.....

yeh :(

clio 172
yeh ino you did but its only a peace of pipe. didnt think they could mess it up.enyways inew from the start this would be pritty much a temp untill i can get a milltek pro cat