ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Logitech Harmony One - All in one remote

Tesla MP3 2021
I got one of these at Christmas and just got round to setting it up today and my god its a great bit of kit!

All in one remotes have come a long way since I had one about 3/4 years ago, this really does do everything!

I have it setup to control all of the AV kit in the living room which consists of...

Samsung TV
Sky+ HD Box
Onkyo AV Receiver
Mede8er Media Player
Samsung BD Player

You basically create "Activities" to control different devices in a certain order, for example I have setup and activity called "Watch TV" so it just switches on TV and nothing else. I then have another Activity called "Watch Sky TV" which will then switch on the Sky Box, put the TV on the correct HDMI input, turn the Onkyo on and put it on the correct input source and then the controller has all the functions of the Sky remote but I have chosen that when I turn the volume up/down then it does it on the Onkyo and not on the TV..... its pretty cool TBH.

When you then switch between activities it will turn off the devices that are no longer required and if you use the power on/off switch on the remote it turns all current devices off as well.

I have made a quick vid showing it in action, anyone thinking about getting an all in one remote or is fed up of using 4/5 different controllers then this is a must.

It comes with easy to use software as well so its quick and easy to customise your devices, activities, names, customer buttons etc etc.

Apologies for the shite vid, I was only using my iPhone so kept having to focus etc..

I noticed it didn't switch the Mede8er off when I changed activities, thats because where its positioned you have to make sure the IR is in line of site. I might actually find a better spot for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  SQ5
The IR codes on their database aren't the greatest and you have no way of editing them. I believe you can now enter HEX code for things like HDMI discrete codes.

A customer wanted one and we genuinely wrote on the quote that we can't promise the reliability of it. The programming software doesn't give you enough flexibility too, and the remote always tries to know where it is in the sequence, but it can only do it from what it's previously done. Not properly via two way control.

It's cheap and cheerful and does a job, just not the most reliable.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well it does the job for what I need and plenty of others on YT, AV forums etc so it can't be as bad as your trying to make it out.

I think it's great and certainly beats having 4 remotes out on the side of the sofa all the times!

SQ5
For doing a decent install with equipment in a cupboard they're even worse.

From programming remotes that are only a little above the price the feel and reliability is so much greater.

A decent Nevo is a good starting point. We're using RTI now, since Philips gave up the Prontos. RTI have the best iPad control app too, awesome two way control and IP control.

You could move on to Crestron, but that's ridiculously expensive, and I'd begrudge having to program one now when the other are so much easier.

Logitech is a half decent DIY solution for a few bits of kit directly in front of you but that's about it, I'm only going by my experience of programming for 6 years ;)

Tesla MP3 2021
Well that's all I'm talking about lol, where did I say I was or am doing a mega ££££ pro build lol and need something else.

For the average Jo it's great, when I win the lotto I'll give you a call so you can rape my ass with your invoice!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I haven't seen anyone complain about them apart from Danny r lol... Lots of different forums highly rate them... I haven't seen anything for 70 quid that is better???

I'm thinking of getting one as I'm fed up of sky hd remote, tv remote, onkyo remote and apple tv remote.... I wold rather use my iPad but doesn't seem to be anything even close to the price that will do the same???

Also read if you have issues with the remote if you call Logitech they can sort out all the coding etc from their end and update the remote for you...

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I've had one for the last 18 months and it works fine. The database is fine for my equipment, it even works my fireplace lol.
Anything that isn't on it you can add manually anyway.

Tesla MP3 2021
A real response from a mere mortal like me ;)

Yeah it's spot on for the price and it's matched all my devices perfectly.

Like I say, it's great not having 4 remotes on the sofa and I think the way it controls the devices between the different activities is pretty cool!

Tesla MP3 2021
I've had one for the last 18 months and it works fine. The database is fine for my equipment, it even works my fireplace lol.

So that's two of us with an horrendous, cheap and cheerfull all in one that does everything we need ;)

Tesla MP3 2021
Can't believe how many of us on here have made the wrong choice in getting this.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The activities were strange to start with having had loads of other touchscreen remotes over the years but once used to them they're good.
As with all learning/all in one remotes it takes time to fine tune them to how you like but once done loads better than 4-5 remotes kicking around.

SQ5

They're not a great IR receiver though.

Was doing a job with two HD boxes being sent around the house. I used a Super Plus combiner, learnt in the port 2 IR commands for the Sky and all the codes like directions and channel up repeat themselves. Also had problems learning in codes with a HDMI matrix, it kept telling me another device uses these codes so automatically added it.

There is no scope for editing any IR, which as a programmer is bloody annoying as you know it works perfectly on other remotes but you can't replicate due to limited software.

As said before its a half decent easy remote to programme for the average computer user, just felt very cheap and a little flaky with some holes in it that could be filled.

If you haven't programmed anything higher then obviously you won't notice its flaws.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
They do what 95% of people would want them to do perfectly for the most part and I don't think the finish/build is that bad. Although they should have an IR sender on both sides of the USB port.

SQ5
Yea, that's also a horrendous place for the USB port.

They just feel a little bit plasticy, especially with that gloss finish.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
cracking remotes, i have the 1100... never had any bother with any harmony remotes. i actually prefer the 1100 to my pronto tsu9600.

SQ5
cracking remotes, i have the 1100... never had any bother with any harmony remotes. i actually prefer the 1100 to my pronto tsu9600.

Really? Did you program it yourself (TSU9600) or someone done it for you? Can't believe how you can even compare the two

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Apart from mine not always turning the odd piece of equipment off if I don't hold it right mine has been a godsend!