ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Wheel Nut

ph1 172
Right so i bought my 172 saturday, and i've just realised I have no locking wheel nut key, whats the best way to get these buggers off? cant get hold of previous owner at the moment and want to get the rear brake discs changed asap.

thanks

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Halfords do a kit or any other auto factors. Put the socket over the bolt, whack it with a hammer till it grips and undo. That's what I did, didn't take too long.

Renault Clio 197
Right so i bought my 172 saturday, and i've just realised I have no locking wheel nut key, whats the best way to get these buggers off? cant get hold of previous owner at the moment and want to get the rear brake discs changed asap.

thanks

I work for Renault and you have two path's to go down.
1) Drill them off, could be a pain of a job but the quickest opt
2) Ordered a new locking wheel key from Renault, you will need to provide your locking wheel nut key code which will be found in your service book. The only problem with this is that Renault's locking wheel nuts keys come from italy!!! and this may take upto three weeks. Cost around £20 - £30 plus VAT

ph1 172
I work for Renault and you have two path's to go down.
1) Drill them off, could be a pain of a job but the quickest opt
2) Ordered a new locking wheel key from Renault, you will need to provide your locking wheel nut key code which will be found in your service book. The only problem with this is that Renault's locking wheel nuts keys come from italy!!! and this may take upto three weeks. Cost around £20 - £30 plus VAT

Thats actually alot better than i thought. Just hope they are genuine Renault locking nuts on there.

Thanks for the advice guys

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
what do the lockers look like!?

my 172 came with the same problem!

mine were like this
elise-s2-oz-locking-wheel-bolt-set.jpg

i just twatted a socket onto them and undo! took about an hour to get them all off!!

330i. E30 Touring.
Few options.

-Reverse thread tools from Halfords.

-Weld an old socket onto locking wheel nut. Remove that way.

I've got more locking wheel nuts that I could ever use. If you need some to replace, let me know.