ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking issue and sudden failure

Clio dCi Expression
Hi all,
I've recently started having problems with the central locking. I suspect it's an issue with the driver side door as when it's opened the doors remain locked. Also the courtesy light doesn't come on yet it does when the passenger door is opened (unlocks all doors too).
One thing that happened recently before that was the handle on the drivers door suddenly became limp as such like a spring or something underneath had gone so it lifts with no effort or resistance.
My other concern was driving this morning, the dials and all lights just died for a second then came back on again. I'll check the connections on the battery but thought I'd enquire on that one.
I've had a long running issue with the coil light staying on which I've not been able to sort and wonder if there's a wiring issue somewhere.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Loose earth point under the top part of the dash perhaps? Or maybe a damaged wire in the drivers door shut. I see you got a science so I'd hazard a guess that it's the glow plug/emissions light coming on in the centre of the instruments?

Clio dCi Expression
Coil light?
Yep, it's something that's been an issue since I bought the car a few years ago. Tried lots of things to clear it but just use an app on my phone to get rid of it and the car starts better then.

Clio dCi Expression
Loose earth point under the top part of the dash perhaps? Or maybe a damaged wire in the drivers door shut. I see you got a science so I'd hazard a guess that it's the glow plug/emissions light coming on in the centre of the instruments?
That's the one :) it just stays permanently lit. I clear it and it comes on randomly. Cheers for the other suggestions, will check those.