ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locked to network devices?

Inferno 182 CUP
I want to buy a One X on eBay.

Im on Orange but if I buy a locked device and have it unlocked will it display the networks logo on the start up splash screen?

Ive seen loads of T mobile phones going cheap but if they show t mobile on start up I don't want one.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I haven't seen any of the high end HTC phones with any logos on start up. Just the usual HTC design one.

If it does though it is easily sorted.

Go cry to your momma!
It all depends of if the original carrier applied a customised ROM or not.

Orange used to be buggers for it back when I was using windows mobile phones (c500 etc)

Easily sorted with a stock HTC ROM. XDA developers is you friend :)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
My HTC Sensation has now got an O2 splash screen on boot after the ICS update, previously there was nothing

Even if you unlock the phone it would still be there, you need to change the software to debrand

However as someone else has already mentioned, unless you turn your phone off every night is the wrong logo really an issue, mine is always on so it wouldn't bother me

Polo + Micra
i bought my sensation off ebay that was on vodafone

my orange sim works but did have a vodafone splash screen