ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lock In Glovebox!

i got an RT and looked in the glovebox and i have a key lock in the roof of it and never got a key

this standard?

it an immobiliser?

where can i get a new key barrel from?

Cheers

definitely imobiliser..for what its worth..had my rt nicked a couple of weeks back and they managed to bypass it with a scotchlock and a bit of wire...unless the insurance is cheaper I wouldnt waste my time chasing a key

dont bother withit. my rt has it and its a pile of sh*te everytime u use it it kills my battery and the car wont start. lol i have checked the immobilisers off. just messes some stuff up. in the end found my connections were screwed and the auto electrician said it was a waste of space and just cut all the cables to it.

never used. wont be able to use it and dont really give a monkeys about it.

why do i have 2 of them on my valver ?? anyone know ?? 1 in the glove box & another next to the washer bottle under the scuttle panel !!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

1 in the glove box is a tacky immobiliser(its cuts an ingnition feed)

1 on the scuttle panel turns off the alarm