ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lock a 182 with no battery in it?

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
There doesn't appear to be any way to do this...

My battery's flat so I've taken it out to recharge (no garage and I'm in a flat so can't run the charge to the car), but I can't lock the car. If I lock it with the alarm on, removing the battery sets it off.

If I remove the battery first then I can only lock the passenger door, the boot and driver door don't have key holes.

Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Da

Less
Battery back on car. Lock the doors with the dash button then exit the car through the passenger door. Lock passenger door with the key and then remove battery. This will not arm the alarm.

RSC 182 Cup
I just lock it via the factory remote (with the bonnet up) and then undo the battery terminals.

BMW M135i
I just lock it via the factory remote (with the bonnet up) and then undo the battery terminals.
UK factory fit cat 1 alarm arms off the factory remote so it can't be done it like that i'm afriad. Da has said the only way you can do it.

RSC 182 Cup
I've got an alarm on mine that arms via the factory remote and can still do it. I turn the siren off and then do it.

Or you could hold the bonnet switch for the alarm in as you lock it / disconnect the battery- if it's a case of the system not locking the doors if it detects the bonnet open?