ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locating a Rear Brake Proportioning valve post 197 MC converstion

Ex 182 owner
HI Folks
and yes I will be getting someone competent to do the work if its needed.. ;)

Car is a 182 Trophy with ABS
So from what I can gather.
Brembos are great but longer pedal due to the extra fluid needed to activate them. This reads as "better modulation" by everyone who has done it.
So the first half of the convertion is simple..however if i find this "modulation" isnt to taste. I believe the solution is 197 MC which is bigger. This however means rears might kick in far to early. Not ideal.
I guess this can be solved with a propotioning valve. Its not a race car so i dont need it in the car. I'm just trying to understand where in the system can it go?
Is it a simple case of of inline between the mc and pre abs unit? or must it go elsewhere?

Like said just trying to visualize it all at the minute. I can't make brake lines so will be going to somone who can plus the abs bleed etc.

Any advice welcome
Cheers
Chris