ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Local Area Subdivisons (please read)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
We are looking to completely revamp local area meets over the coming weeks. The imminent arrival of the new forum platform makes arranging meetings incredibly easy and we want to take full advantage of this.

One aspect we have spoken about is dividing all regions into smaller subdivisions to encourage more members to attend. Let's call them micro meets.

The idea being that micro meets could be organised during the week and then larger meets incorporating all subdivisions could be arranged at weekends.

We would need each subdivision to have its own rep and for them to regularly communicate with the other reps to coordinate the bigger 'weekend' meetings.

What we need to know from you guys is how best to divide the areas up into subdivisions. Does your area even need dividing up?

There will be an application process for area reps once we have everything in place.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
CS Admin

Lol im on the border between East & West Midlands :rasp:

About an hour away from each monthly meet! Im cool with whatever happens

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I`m in walsall,but willenhall and the surrounding area`s are close....Trouble for me is meetings during the week are a no go as i work nights...saturdays and sundays are all free...but not saturday mornings.

The bin collection dates that where sent to every house show the regions...if you just split up the area`s and amalgamate those that are close then you will end up with your sub-divisions....

I think Birmingham and Coventry (inc. surrounding areas.. Tamworth, Nuneaton possibly Walsall) need to be one area to be honest as I've attended meets in Coventry and Birmingham with good numbers :) but never any further west in to the midlands

Edit: just re-read post imo I think members committing to a meet during the week and one at weekends is a lot of time at especially for those with families and other commitments, I personally think the push should be toward bigger and better weekend meets but that's just my opinion. :)

My one and only post as im not really arsed what goes on tbf, sick to the back teeth of this place but feel i need to have a say on this.

Right in short it won't work! The midlands monthly meet used to work well as it covered the whole of the midlands so there was always a meet in every area at some point. Say you travelled from tamworth to telford you would then have the regular meet in tamworth Don arranged this to try and attract new members into the meet scene. But from what i saw it was the same old folk month in month out regardless.

I used to arrange a fair few meets which happened annualy and even then it is just the same old folk no one new hence why i involved various different forums to get numbers up.

Don does a great job of controlling it as it is. Matt harvey is a nice chap but does nothing for the midlands and has moved on.

You need Don and another well respected member from south of birmingham so they can work together to involve everyonee. I would say don't fix what aint broke but thats been broke already.
As im no longer interested in arranging meets due to dickheads constantly letting you down then giving you greif. Delete as you please.

Just give Don someone better to work with thats all thats needed on here

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
My one and only post as im not really arsed what goes on tbf, sick to the back teeth of this place but feel i need to have a say on this.

Right in short it won't work! The midlands monthly meet used to work well as it covered the whole of the midlands so there was always a meet in every area at some point. Say you travelled from tamworth to telford you would then have the regular meet in tamworth Don arranged this to try and attract new members into the meet scene. But from what i saw it was the same old folk month in month out regardless.

I used to arrange a fair few meets which happened annualy and even then it is just the same old folk no one new hence why i involved various different forums to get numbers up.

Don does a great job of controlling it as it is. Matt harvey is a nice chap but does nothing for the midlands and has moved on.

You need Don and another well respected member from south of birmingham so they can work together to involve everyonee. I would say don't fix what aint broke but thats been broke already.
As im no longer interested in arranging meets due to dickheads constantly letting you down then giving you greif. Delete as you please.

Just give Don someone better to work with thats all thats needed on here
Thanks MartinR it is appreciated. We need to get the monthly meet rearranged to the last Sunday of the month or something. We did that and it started very well...but like with a lot of things, it did take a knock.

The one person who really did go out of his way to go to meets was stokiefker as he would travel from Stoke to go wherever was arranged.

We do have a new breed coming through with the like of Loz.h, BigChris, etc they are based around Coventry which is pretty much furthest South the region goes.

We used to have Baggins172 who used to cover Oxford area so covered Tony Hunter and people around his neck of the woods, but he left and was replaced with someone a bit too far South for the West Midlands members to make the effort to go that far.

If we can get someone to cover Birmingham or Coventry, then that gives the meets more scope as it's difficult to know places, meeting places, etc in different parts. It also means you don't have to do an 80 mile round trip to do a recce of a place. But I will let the lads and lasses get their points/views across. :)

Well, as we all know I've never been to one of the weekly meets as they're usually on a weekday, but have also never been close enough (personally) - though I gather it is difficult when we're all so spread out.

As Don says, we need more weekend meets at Star City etc as we used to :]

I dont mind travelling tbf as its an excuse to get out & about. Star City weekend meets sound good as the last one we did was a laugh & a good turnout!

Like I said I think Coventry and Birmingham should be one area, we had just singular meets held in Coventry that attracted 10 or so cars in a car park and we all had a good time and a bit of banter and that meet is pretty much how I met Loz H BigChris Ging2013 Barrie. BlakeTillz who I'll consider to be mates now and I camped with them @ FCS etc.

I think 1 big meet a month is enough. And the smaller meets can take place. Don to say it only seems to be new people at the last big meet you organised you had a load of new people turn up and it was a good laugh and then nothing else seemed to happen? Don't know if I've missed a meet but hey ho

BG182ff,explod Focus
Thanks @MartinR it is appreciated. We need to get the monthly meet rearranged to the last Sunday of the month or something. We did that and it started very well...but like with a lot of things, it did take a knock.

The one person who really did go out of his way to go to meets was @stokie fker as he would travel from Stoke to go wherever was arranged.

We do have a new breed coming through with the like of @Loz.h , @BigChris , etc they are based around Coventry which is pretty much furthest South the region goes.

We used to have Baggins172 who used to cover Oxford area so covered Tony Hunter and people around his neck of the woods, but he left and was replaced with someone a bit too far South for the West Midlands members to make the effort to go that far.

If we can get someone to cover Birmingham or Coventry, then that gives the meets more scope as it's difficult to know places, meeting places, etc in different parts. It also means you don't have to do an 80 mile round trip to do a recce of a place. But I will let the lads and lasses get their points/views across. :)

Wrong Stokie you mentioned there bud :nono:

The whole "I'd go but it means an hour drive there and an hour back so I'll just sit at home and watch corrie" statements always confuses me. Why the hell someone would buy a fun drivers car and not take the chance to drive for an hour, have a laugh and meal with some friends and then have another fun drive home just doesn't make sense.

Now meets where I have no choice but to use the motorway, they suck. As far as the drive there and back is concerned at least, the rest is always fun.
That one where we went to Freds local was great. The roads around the McLaren factory are proper fun, especially when you don't know them and it's dark. ARRRGGGHH, I'M GOING TO CRASH...WAIT, I MADE IT WOOOO HOOOOO :race:
I can't remember where we met but there was that one where I went for a drive after and ended up going home via Ashbourne and didn't get home until early hours when I had work in the morning and you know what? IT WAS AWESOME :clap:. Sleep you say? That's what the toilets at work are for :sleepy:.

The meet we had in Stafford had plenty of new faces but unfortunately they couldn't bear the thought of driving more than a few yards from their front doors so I didn't see any of them again.

The West Midlands is a pretty big area so maybe there is a valid reason to break it up.
Something Like Staffordshire and Shropshire as the number 1, top dog area. Herefordshire and Worcestershire as the second tier. With Brum and Warwickshire as the anus of the trio.

I dont mind travelling tbf as its an excuse to get out & about. Star City weekend meets sound good as the last one we did was a laugh & a good turnout!

Good for you young man, that's the spirit :D

Also, I miss Matt. I hope my constant piss taking didn't drive him away in the arms of the Jap scene.

ps. @Darius is a gayer

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
So then we have split the pile of areas and this one has fallen in mine.

After Nik making a map of CS users it important we get this area right as it seems to be one of if not thee busiest area in the country.

So how sub areas would this area need to capitalise on the amount of members it has within it?

One area is all thats needed

Leave it as it is imo. As said already @Don does a great job he just needs a good willing member to help him in the area mainly south of birmingham.

Also as said before Don moved the monthly meet around the west midlands every month and it never really attracted any new members to it.

Meets have been arranged in different areas over the last few years and is always the same folk who attend. Imo why fix something that isn't broke??

It will become too messy.

Give Don help and it will work like clock work trust me! :)

Last edited:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
We are not on about drawing lines on a map and saying this is your section this is yours, but we would like to position area reps close to sections that become busy or have large amounts of members to make it easier for reps and for the area to work and make the most of the numbers.

I also think if we position the reps well in an area it takes the pressure off them to "need to" travel if they don't always want to obviously they can if they want to but it takes some pressure off.

Also with west bordering central wales and there not being huge activity that way once in a while the rep on the western side of this area would be advised to to go the other way over the border as it isn't fees able for is to have central wales rep.

Reps need to be known , they need to be trustworthy as some meets require deposits or other means of money handling etc.

And sorry but i still don't think this idea is going to work. Ive been part of the midlands community on here for a while. Its a great bunch of people but just sticking new reps in different areas of this region won't get people to go..

All imo of course

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Reps need to be known , they need to be trustworthy as some meets require deposits or other means of money handling etc.

And sorry but i still don't think this idea is going to work. Ive been part of the midlands community on here for a while. Its a great bunch of people but just sticking new reps in different areas of this region won't get people to go..

All imo of course

Yes I 100% understand the only reason we are making reps re apply is to keep the process on the straight and narrow, current reps will most likely get the position back they already have as long as they want it back that is :)

I'm not saying change what you already have I'm on about expanding on it.

I want to take what you have and make it more easily accessible for members in the area and also give Don extra help to take some pressure off.

And tbh having such a closer idea on the process is not what we want as a group, we are trying something that hasn't been done before to freshen it up and get new people involved not just the old faithful, obviously we are trying to protect the old faithful as they are the back bone of the forum but we would like to bring new people along side them as often as possible :)

I get where you are coming from Dan. And in a way hope it betters the area but i still have my doubts ;)

It never went down to well on 197.net when the reps was made to re apply. It got a fair few peoples backs up! Hope it doesn't do the same on here.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I get where you are coming from Dan. And in a way hope it betters the area but i still have my doubts ;)

It never went down to well on 197.net when the reps was made to re apply. It got a fair few peoples backs up! Hope it doesn't do the same on here.

I don't think it will be a problem as the reps that are still here and active seem to understand as the reps that have just stopped but not told us they are stopping seem to have got the back up of people, plus re-application process allow us to process this in a short space of time, if we just instate the current reps on the forum and then go through the process of changing them over it will take forever.

The current reps that are active and meeting criteria shouldn't worry about it tbh, reps that are not active or not meeting criteria that is what this process useful for.