ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Load sensing valve top spring

clio 172 cup
My rear load sensing valve on my clio 172 cup is mossing the top spring. Anyone k ow where i can get one?? Also does anyone have a link for the new DVSA cert that says about the lack of rear braking efficiency?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
The Cup one doesn't sense load. It's just set to feck all effort. It's why they can't tow and have a load capacity of a measly 300kg. That's from my cup manual supplement.

clio 172 cup
Ok so will this not fail an mot then. I've just had the car checked over at a garage because i've just bought it and this is what he's told me.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Mot tester is a tool.

http://aka.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/MoT Issue 31 - Apr 2006.pdf

Click on the first link about archiving and it should download. Article is on page 8. The initial pdf download doesn't work.

As long as your calipers, discs and pads are all good they provide a little braking but that's all. It's common to have rusty rear discs but they are cheap and pretty easy to replace as they come as a unit from Renault including the rear bearing.

Parts suppliers on here do very good prices.

Last edited: