ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Llandow the tyre killer!

Ph2 Clio 172
Stuck one of the keyring cameras in a magnetic mount to the underside of my car for a session at Llandow. You can see why it gets a reputation for being hard on tyres!

And yes, I know my ARB bushes are shagged and my centre exhaust mount has snapped (again) :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I love watching s**t like that...it's fascinating seeing what happens to all the bits underneath you don't usually see...especially the tyre deformation when under load etc.

Really gives you a sense of how you can influence the tyre's available grip with some deft weight transfer and loading.

Ph2 Clio 172
It's good to watch the tyres fold over load, shocking surface of the track though...

It was my first time at Llandow, but the main straight has been resurfaced. Speaking to people who have been before its much better.

I love watching s**t like that...it's fascinating seeing what happens to all the bits underneath you don't usually see...especially the tyre deformation when under load etc.

Really gives you a sense of how you can influence the tyre's available grip with some deft weight transfer and loading.

Yep, it's great isn't it. I'm going to see if I can get cameras all over the place to see the suspension moving about and things. Really interesting to see whats going on as you never notice the extent to which things move about when watching track side.

Cool vid, what tyres are they?

Federal RS-R's.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Good watch, agreed on the watching of the tyres. Gives you an understanding of what loads your putting through the tyres

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Even though I'm used to seeing tyre deformation I still f**king love suspension videos. Especially in rallying.

But you ain't seen rough until you've seen St. Eval.