ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liverpool 172 newbie

Clio 172
Hi everyone I am Bryan from Liverpool an I have just picked up a 03 Renault Clio 172, and I love it to bits already. Driving back averaged 49mpg, its off to my mates garage tomorrow for cambelt, water pump, aux belt, dephaser pulley, full service and a general check over then lowered springs, painted wheels then I want a carbon splitter and a cup spoiler. Am sure the list will grow and grow the more I am one here haha.

Cheers
Bryan

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
They are capable of it.

When I picked mine up I was in an A-road convoy for about an hour, 40-50mph and got 47mpg.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Welcome from only up the road (Southport)!

Plenty of North-West meets if that's your kind of thing, I'm still yet to go to one but very keen to.

Hopefully that 49 was a typo and was actually 39... otherwise I reckon we're all gonna want to know how you managed that! ;)

Get some pics up, what colour did you go for? Guessing its not a Cup if you want a Cup spoiler? :)

Clio 172
I think it's iceberg or arctic silver something like that. I am in the process of painting the wheels moonland grey with satin black badges. I am up for a local meet when it's sorted :) I have just ordered -40mm apex springs and looking for spacers now.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Awesome, sounds nice.

In regards to the colours yours is Iceberg Silver :) You get 182's in Arctic Blue.

My 172 is Flame Red, got quite a lot planned for it over the Christmas period!

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Brakes you don't have to spend alot on either really; all you need is Brembo HC Discs at the from (£35ish) and some uprated front pads of your choice; leave the back OEM as they do bugger all!

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
For brakes mate pm a trader of here G172 he has supplied brakes for a few of my cars. Good price and quick delivery