ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little help

clio...
Ok; So had this problem for a lil while.

Sometimes When the car is cold, taking off once it gets to about 2000rpm it makes this horrible tiny noise, If i hover around 2k it persists. Sounds like someones took the ring pull off a can of coke, put it in the can & is shaking it. If you get what i mean ha.

I was also averaging 33.4-9mpg in my 1.2 16v :|.

So i've put the problems together, Thought it might be the HT leads or the coil pack. . . Changed them still the same noise, same MPG.

Any ideas? anyone had similar problems? The MPG i'm not that concerned about, its the noise.

Thanks in advance

do you drive it hard?

i drive my 1.2 16v hard and get 34mpg.... 38 is the most ive seen after alot of motorways

clio...
I was thinking the exhaust next; But the noise seems to be coming directly from the front.

Suppose I do drive it hard, At the minute over the last 100miles am sitting at 43.7, I had it 50mpg for the first 40, that was really light pottering about, not many gear changes. Low revs.

I suppose i do drive abit hard; But my friend who drives like an ass to be perfectly honest is sitting on 38.9.

I'm just making the assumption that the noise is related. As i said, the MPG I'm not that fussy on. Just that noise.

Breaking A 172 Replica
I got 22mpg out my last 1.2

I get just under 30 in this one.

I just always keep it above 4k or it doesn't seem to move.

Sam

clio...
yeah; After a few minutes its fine. I went to take it to get looked at before; by the time i got there the noise had stopped and i just looked like a plank.

See My Clio? Tell Me
mine make a noise something like that the tensioner pully on the aux belt is f**ked. renault want £110 for one so i decide i could live with the noise a little longer lol

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Sometimes When the car is cold, taking off once it gets to about 2000rpm it makes this horrible tiny noise, If i hover around 2k it persists. Sounds like someones took the ring pull off a can of coke, put it in the can & is shaking it. If you get what i mean ha.

That's what pre-ignition sounds like.