ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little caliper tidy up

Spent today between showers giving the brakes a good clean up and a lick of paint.

Sorry for the poor quality pics;)

Looks loads better imo (excuse dirty wheels):eek:

Before

DSCF1350.jpg

After

DSCF1352.jpg

Before

DSCF1351.jpg

After

DSCF1353.jpg

DSCF1354.jpg

Looks a lot tidier now :)

Did you take the front calipers off or paint them in situ? I painted the one's on my old Cup in situ and I'd never do it that way again lol.

02 Clio 172
Do look good mine are horrible, badly painted red by previous owner, what paint did you use and what did you clean then up with?

172 ph1
look good...same as mine really! andy i just used a wire bit for the drill and cleaned them up then used silver hammerite they stil look spot on 1 n half year later :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you went to all that effort, I personally would have washed/polished the wheels front and back while they were off.

Thanks for all the replies:D

Looks a lot tidier now :)

Did you take the front calipers off or paint them in situ? I painted the one's on my old Cup in situ and I'd never do it that way again lol.

painted them in situ and yes i won't be doing it again either lol

Do look good mine are horrible, badly painted red by previous owner, what paint did you use and what did you clean then up with?

Calipers were in very good condition so a bit of brake cleaner and wire brush done the trick, the paint was some exhaust manifold stuff sprayed into the lid then painted on with a tiny brush.

If you went to all that effort, I personally would have washed/polished the wheels front and back while they were off.

next week Daniel;)