ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little bit of mayo on oil cap?

Black 182
Is this the ok at this time of the year?? it takes about a week to start showing agian. thinking might just be the cold?? well hopefully or should i get it looked at?? shes not loosing any coolant, but does drop oil like most clios.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Do you do a lot of short journeys? Give it a good 50 mile blast up a motorway or something, revving all the way through the gears at times and check it again.

It's quite normal in the 1.2's, but not really so much in the 2.0.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My oil cap is always super clean. Apart from oil obviously.

ITB'd MK1
going by location, it is SUPER cold in derbyshire and i doubt you've had the chance to give the car a decent run or even get it warm. I'd think it's condensation, but keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I'd say condensation if you do short runs and taking into account the time of year. I bet if you take it for a good run 1 hour + most of the mayo will go..

I used to have a 205 Gti which has a oil filler pipe that was separate to the engine (not the usual cap on the rocker cover) and over winter or if you only did short runs because the filler never got a lot of heat into it, mayo built up due to condensation/moisture in the cap.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I must admit you do poo your pants the first time you see any signs of mayo under the oil cap. Take it for a good run and it'll go......hopefully ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sounds fine to me dude,
i used to get it in my old 1.2, its condensation that comes about with too many short journeys,

when you have a large amount, and spots of mayo on the dipstick, starting thinking headgasket! lol

Black 182
Sound, thanks for replys people, yeah ive bin doing alot of short journeys, i try making them longer so car can warm up, will give it a good old run over the weekend and it has bin super cold aswell thanks