ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little advice on this car please?

Saxo vtr for now
Hey guys so I'm kinda new to clio's and I'm after a Clio 172 cup And I've found a nice one local I'm just wonderin if he's asking to much or if it's about right?

Heres my clio 172 cup !!onli reason for sale is I want a civic type r that's it !!!!! the car is mint for its age and cums with loads of receipts for services n parts as u can see in pic
car is HPI clear
M.o.t til sept 2012
Tax:28/2/12
Mods :
4-1 & ktech decat
Power flow middle pipe n back box
Strut braces front and rear
H&r coil overs adjustable front &back
Bmc cda force feed induction kit

All four alloys have bin refurb and are sprayed in sun dance yellow colour !!! Al four are mint no scratches Kurb marks or chipped !
Has got 4 virtually brand new yoko Prada spec 2's all round £100 each lol
£1,900 ono

I contacted him and the lowest he would take is £1700 not a penny less he's also got receipts for cambelt done at 30k miles and 70k miles. Car is on 92k miles so whn wil that need doing again? And will I have to find a emission friendly mot tester as decat?

I know u havnt seen a picture as on my phone but it's nice blue with yellow bits

Any advice please

RS6 C7
I would never buy a car from someone who writes like this :nono: :

Heres my clio 172 cup !!onli reason for sale is I want a civic type r that's it !!!!! the car is mint for its age and cums with loads of receipts for services n parts as u can see in pic

Yeah his spelling isn't great but that's the way things are going these data with this sort of thing. Seems to have a lot if history, can't see what the steering wheel is like though I.e thumb grips. Looks like its missing the splitter and bumper stickers, which you could argue its possibly had a crash/resort at some point.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
And why wouldn't u buy one cause of how he types?

His gramma doesn't reflect onto his car/driving style?

Personally it puts me off though, as a well worded (and spelt) advert can show something, plus spell check isn't that far away...so why people don't write their ad up in Word or something, perform spell check (maybe even grammar check) and then correct errors...then post it up. :)

I would say buy one off the forum, however make sure you check all previous posts relating to the car/owner.

Saxo vtr for now
Is there any reasons why u wouldn't buy that one then..? Apart from bad gramma and not a forum member? As I like the car I just want to know if 1700 is to much for what it is or if it's an ok deal ?

Pictures are too dark/grainy to really see the condition of the car and as I said there are a few points which you'd have to look at in the flesh. Never say never until you've seen it and actually driven it yourself.Just remember there is no rush as there are loads for sale and some with better mileage and spec than this one.

RS6 C7
Is there any reasons why u wouldn't buy that one then..? Apart from bad gramma and not a forum member? As I like the car I just want to know if 1700 is to much for what it is or if it's an ok deal ?

Reading your grammar I think the car will be a perfect match for you. :) , Only messing mate, As long as the car is sound I wouldn't be too put off.

Another thing, states the car has H&R coilovers, looking at the picture of the rear wheel you can see a black shock behind the wheel, aren't H&R shocks yellow? Unless it's not an up to date picture.

Go and see it if it's local.

Doesnt look to me like it's on coilovers. Looks pretty standard. Awful coloured wheels and butchered bumper for the exhaust, but easily fixed.

Rubbish advert, pictures taken in the dark, bad spelling would put me off a little, but I'd still view the car and see what it's like.

When i was looking for a 182 i used a text checker on my phone to check history etc , it costs £1.50 per text but well worth it , saved me buying a couple of 182's that had dodgy miles on the clock , one had a smash that the owner did not reveal in the ad , so well worth it.

anyway just text 2pass (reg no) to 83600

your welcome :)