ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

List your rattles

172 A Cupwork Orange™
I'll start

03 cup 34k miles
speedo plastic rattles occasionally
glove box rattles occasionally
passenger seatbelt rattles occasionally
boot rattles occasionally

and a lot of other random occasional rattles :mad:

i have a cure for all of the above rattles "give it a good whack"
does the trick for a few journys then they start all over again
did anyone see that top gear episode where they did a song with rattles from cars, i think we could have a top 10 hit with the clio rattles :rasp:

Tangoed Works
Just the one, passenger door moulding, think a clip has broken. Nothing else though!

05 plate 44k miles!

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Just the one, passenger door moulding, think a clip has broken. Nothing else though!

05 plate 44k miles!

think thats what mine is on the passenger side i hate rattles thats why i got rid of my mg zr due to the amount of rattles, when i purchased the cup it had none, within 6 months they all started does my head in
only cure "turn the radio up" :rasp:

Elise S1 B&C 140
I'll start

03 cup 34k miles
speedo plastic rattles occasionally
glove box rattles occasionally
passenger seatbelt rattles occasionally
boot rattles occasionally

and a lot of other random occasional rattles :mad:

i have a cure for all of the above rattles "give it a good whack"
does the trick for a few journys then they start all over again
did anyone see that top gear episode where they did a song with rattles from cars, i think we could have a top 10 hit with the clio rattles :rasp:

foookin right could do that from my car alone.

Both door cards buzz at certain speeds
Passenger side Airvent rattles inthe dash
Speedo mount creaks every now and then
Rerar speaker pods buzz if i turn the radio up anything over volume 5 :rolleyes:
Boot rattles ocasionally
Roof light mount thingy rattles if you go over a big bump (or take off as i found out yesterday.:eek:

But even after all that i still get out with a :D

BMW bus
If I listed every single rattle from mine I think it would just depress me! However seeing as i drove a Saxo before the Clio its still a huge improvement, I remember when i first got it I felt like i was driving a limo:)

Now I just favour the 'turn the stereo up' trick

04 26k

Speedo surround occaisionally
And the centre console squeaks sometimes when it's really cold in the car

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the 4k rattle, somewhere behind the dash only at around 4k tho
the centre console when someone is sat in the passenger seat and the exterior trims when bass is on full

182 & Porsche 986
sunroof :mad:
speedo surround - fixes when it is hit.
plastic around cd player..
speaker plastic on drivers side dash.

Clio
02 plate mk2 ph2 1.6

boot trim panel rattles
i have a rattle behind my dash (screw or something) !!

lol at this thread!

Climate control fan buzzes like a barsteward sometimes. I tried to fix it but I think I've made it worse.

LY V6 with Recaros
Mine's not too bad most of the time, I have one from the door somewhere which comes and goes though.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
The worst rattle from mine at the minute is the catalyst rattling around in the cat. Really annoying.

I also dropped a screw behind my door card.

ignorance really is bliss and i've honestly never had a car that makes so many 'it shouldn't do that' mechnical noises but, trim wise, been fairly lucky by the sounds of it - just the clock surround rattles intermittently

Ibis A3 BE
Passenger window! Rattles when fully up, better when even slightly down (not letting any wind in though) - but will be getting 'fixed' next week.

Also my rear speaker covers rattle terribly at the mo. Is it possible to ask Renault to fix these? As when I have mentioned them before they say they don't fix rattles like that.

BMW M135i
Nothing in mine, honest! The only think that rattles it the fascia on my alpine headunit, funny thing that french car and the only thing that rattles is japanese lol. Its driving me up the bloody wall!

drivers side sun visor rattles like a biatch... only when u've got it down tho! typical hey! doesnt rattle when u dont actually need it!

Hmmm...The only rattle I have is that annoying passenger seat belt!!

Car has done just over 36K and slightly over 4 years old so far.....

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
My seat, but I'm a fat sod
Magnex Exhaust rattles of car
Drivers side door pillar cover, lets air in which is annoying
Also dont like the fact the drinks holders need 2 cans in or one falls over

w reg 1.2

the car in general!! exhaust, rear interior plastics, occasionall sunroof, glovebox, the list could go on.....