ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid yellow

PH2 172
Can you get liquid yellow in a spray can and isit easy enough to do as i heard its not that easy? As been thinking about changing my mirror caps.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Someone did say they could get it as they were spraying bullets for me, did quite match the high colour but wasn't bad for just a spray can.

I've got ready mixed LY touch up paint from Renault but not sure about cans

Barge
Halford's can mix cans. The closeness of the colour to LY will depend on who mixes it. Some of them are good, some of them are s**t at measuring out the various colours in order to mix it.

PH2 172
Yea i suppose ya right my old mans a sprayer well used to be now retired from that as getting on abit lol ;). He said hel try a spray company see if they cna do it or not.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Halfords do it, i got some when i sprayed some wheels wasn't a perfect match but good enough form out of a can! the code is J37 in case you need it.

any good bodyshop can spray it properly tho

PH2 172
So what is the actuall paint code of the clio 182 in liquid yellow as im going to ask my local paint supplyer to see if they can do it for me and actually use a spray gun or get a bodyshop to do it for me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If it's just for mirror caps should be fine mate, secret is plenty of layers, no runs just even build up of layers.

PH2 172
Just been to my local body shop, luckily enough they have some Liquid yellow J37 paint left over from a V6 clio splitter they did not so long ago. They said they will do my Mirror caps and wheel badges in the booth for £50 cash. alot of money but at least it will be a proper job.