ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Linksys Wireless router query

Have had my linksys wireless router running for a good few months now, but I seem to be having problems recently, with it not wanting to connect to the net. went in and checked the settings on the modem, and they seem to have changed without me doing anything to it!! this has happened 3 times now, settings just changing ?! is this usual? its no major problem, as all i have to do is re-enter my username and password and change a couple of drop down menus, but its getting a little annoying! any ideas why it would do this?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've just had a problem with my linksys wireless. Restore factory defaults seemed to do the trick for me

Der Panzer
I'm using a Linksys WAG354G Gateway. Brilliant; once configured.

Had a connectivity problem in the begining, but that's automagically resolved itself.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Cisco should take their stickers off the linksys .... it's not great kit.

But then if you are only willing to spend 60 quid on something to handle your dsl, routing and wireless then you're not going to get much.

Ford Fiesta ST2
What model number is it? I would say it would be best to flash it with the latest firmware, this tends to solve previous problems.

Alex

Andy182Cup said:
I'm using a Linksys WAG354G Gateway. Brilliant; once configured.

Had a connectivity problem in the begining, but that's automagically resolved itself.

Have got the same, never given me one problem and have had it 6 months, even got the aerial to extend the wireless (looks like a f-kin miniTV mast!!!) Also got the wireless print server, that took soemseting up as instructions where naff and I stumbled upon setings by accident!!

reset to default , now the thing wont even establish a connection between the PC + the router. totally shaggath. :( maybe taking a trip back to PC world

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
The new models don't have the same overheating issues.

I would still spend a bit extra (£140) and get something a bit more robust.