ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lincoln Meet

340i
What a spam fest hahaa...

yeah the 9" twin magnex cement filled cannon is no more, saved another 47kg removing it ;) lol

DMS

A thirsty 172
Right... here's the deal...
If, and only if, I've finished moving all my shit into my new house by 11am on Saturday morning (which I should), then I'll be attending.
I won't be following anybody there, however, since I know the way anyway and won't set off until the last minute as normal.
No racing though... my car's too slow at the moment. I got destroyed by a BMW 320d earlier 'cos I ran out of revs... and boost... Roll on Monday!

DMS

A thirsty 172
You get PM darren?

Imagine we can go for a drink & chat, a drive & some photo's?

I did actually. Just hadn't read it yet and forgot about it. :S

Sounds good. I'll have to pay the local Polish guys to give it a clean so some decent pics can be taken.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I get loads of offers off people who would detail it for me but TBH I'm not really that arsed. It only gets dirty again so I don't see the point in making it too clean in the first place. A blast with the jet wash and a rub over with a sponge, then more jet washing, drying and polishing is all it ever gets. And the amount of swirl marks it has on it is minimal. Thanks for the offer though :)

Plus I'll be living in Ilkeston as of tomorrow :)

Bus w**ker
Better to leave it dirty in Ilson TBH...more chance of it still being there the next day. ;)

Mine might be clean...but I'd assume not. It's gonna rain on Saturday and theres no chance I'm f**king about trying to clean mine in the rain like a f**king loser.

Bus w**ker
PMSL I just can't be arsed to do mine...although the weathers nice today so I might bin work off early and go give it a bath and use ALL of your expensive wax lol.

S4 Avant
Adam has ten pounds, on my engine falling out at the weekend.

I'd lean more towards my back breaking, with my uber hard ride.

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Fraid so mate, havin a smaller can made, the box I've got on is ok but it don't sit quite right and it's blowin like fook

S4 Avant
Oh Haaaaai... Coilovers?!

:approve:

Indeed! The hard, uncomfortable ride was caused by the rear dampers being set to the hardest setting, and the adjusters corroded stuck. Driving home, I couldn't do more than 20 along roads that I could do 60 on before, just shook me about too much!

Fraid so mate, havin a smaller can made, the box I've got on is ok but it don't sit quite right and it's blowin like fook

Boooooooooo. That exhaust rocked. I expect the next one to be of equally "rigged up" proportions.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
mark if you wanna meet at mine get here about 12ish :) leaving about half 12 boss

340i
Indeed! The hard, uncomfortable ride was caused by the rear dampers being set to the hardest setting, and the adjusters corroded stuck. Driving home, I couldn't do more than 20 along roads that I could do 60 on before, just shook me about too much!

Can you not adjust the dampening or are they properly stuck?!

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
How's it goin dude? Not too loud for ya?
Mine will look similar to yours, and they said it's gonna be free to change, win win

340i
I would say its the mixture of an AK-47 and spitfire plane... on WOT its insanely loud and pops and bangs loads on lift off haha

Bus w**ker
Adam has ten pounds, on my engine falling out at the weekend.
Lets face facts, something is bound to break on your car lol. If it's not yours it will probably be my drive shafts deciding to leave the gearbox. :eek:

Did they get them off whatshisface's easily enough?

Sounds like you've got it set up wrong TBH. Try setting the front to near enough fully soft and if the rears aren't totally screwed crack them off the hardest setting by about a quarter turn. Oh and get your geo done.

Adam are you planning to go down the A617? If so I'll just wait along there somewhere and jump in the convoy as you go past.

Clio Hybrid / S3
Whats happened Rob?

OMG... dare I say Damons afterwards!

Massive over fuel in cylinder 1 so it's just not firing right. I dont have a clue what's up with it either! Tried everything so the cylinder head is coming off this weekend :dapprove:

S4 Avant
Did they get them off whatshisface's easily enough?

Sounds like you've got it set up wrong TBH. Try setting the front to near enough fully soft and if the rears aren't totally screwed crack them off the hardest setting by about a quarter turn. Oh and get your geo done.

Geo's done, got it done at Demon Tweeks 20 minutes after Birchdown had them fitted. Sorted the rear dampers, WD40 and some mole grips got me there in the end. Rides fine now, if a little firm. But not crashy.

340i
Will just make the drive more interesting ;) well for us peasant FWD cars... to you sudden death at every roundabout haha