ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp mode/Safety mode... AHHHHHHH Help Please

172 Cup
I have looked at a few threads about this, but none seem to be specific to what I'm asking.

Anyway I am absolutely stressed out with this car now, it came on over 20 times this monrning, meaning I had to re-start my car each time!!!

I have to use the motorway everyday for work, so this is a massive issue, it previously only happened now and then, but it is constant now :(

The car doesn't rev past 3k or go over 40ish mph when it's on.

Just wondering if anybody else has had the same syptoms as my self and before I go spending lots of money, are there any things I can try that won't be of any cost?

Any help would be amazing, as I have had the car on a diagnostic check at the end of last year and it showed nothing?!

Thanks

Matt

p.s. Would one of those RS Tuners be able to reset the fault or show what the fault is?

172 Cup
I have ordered a throttle body from flea bay, so that is my first hope.

I got it checked at North West performance free of charge, but no major faults came back.

Any other places I should go in the North West Tom?

Mine does pretty much the same thing and after a lot of trying various stuff, turns out it's from the coupling on the ECU. It's a faulty contact somewhere there, hence there's no error code given. The car can do all kind of crazy things, limp mode being one of them. The doors lock/unlock by themselves, the RPM indicator goes to zero and back to normal, stuff like that, specific to a faulty contact.

I removed it and put it back, cleaning it in the process and it's rather ok now (one error in 3 months, but it's clearly still there) :)

Worth checking, I guess.

Clio 172 Ph 2
I had the same issue with the car going into limp mode with no warning. I had the throttle body replaced (which was a misdiagnosis as it didn't fix the problem). Turns out it was a dodgy contact on the wiring loom, i've now driven 15k miles since having it repaired without a repeat performance..