ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Likes & Dislikes.... (182 Owners)

BMW M3
BRUCE182 said:
No i don't but my wife's name is don't laugh now.Justine Claire Bruce so she's JCB and there lot's of plates for sale on the DVLA website with JCB.

"Justine"... thats pretty cool. I bet reading the mail in the morning takes some focusing...lol

I get stuff all the time addressed to me as Justine so i get used to seeing it.

Think regtransfer used to have JCB 1 for £150,000. Always imagined buying it if i won the lottery. lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Mines just turned 3k since the 1st of march and i have to say its been faultless.The dealership forgot to fit the 6cd multichanger but done now with a nice VDO dayton.I think at least that its now opening up a bit too with the miles,

Just try finding something else new for the money

ian

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Had my 172 for a week now and....

- throttle response
- climate control
- comfy seats
- aggressive looks

Dislikes :
- those intermittent wipers :mad:
- inability to adjust headlamps (seeing dealer Fri)
- trip computer reseting

On the whole, for a Renault ;) , it's a fantastic car!!

Si

Clio 172PH2
im on 19k miles now had it 2years nxt june -

Pro's -

*The looks you get in it
*The 5,000rpm kick
*The handling
*The gadgets
*The twin exhaust
*The xenons (however u spell it)
*The fact you can keep up / beat supposedly far superior cars

Con's

*Annoying alarm problem - 3 - 4beeps every now and then (easily resolved)
*The fact the driving position makes your right elbow rest on the door
*Cold morning starts and idle tickover
*The fact the glove compartment hasnt been flush with the dash since new (a bit picky i know!!)

Basically the 182 is the best car iv ever had - touch wood havent suffered any major Renault reliability problems! Car puts a smile on my face every day and i never get tired of driving it! Well worth getting!!

Shhh
roadrunner_182 said:
im on 19k miles now had it 2years nxt june -

*The fact the glove compartment hasnt been flush with the dash since new (a bit picky i know!!)

Mine has the same, just go into the dealer when they have a 182 in the showroom, get the service manager, show him your car and the panel. He will pass some comment on how its ment to be like that, walk him to the other 182 in the showroom, and say.. 'how come mines not like that' and leave it with him..

Job Done..

Any problems, ring renault uk..

Clio 182
Had my 182 since July and have done 5k miles, everyone of them with a smile on my face, and it has got better as the engine and gear box loosen up.

Pro's
Performance
I have not seen many of them about in my neck of the woods.
The looks you get
Xenons

Cons
Black Gold is a pig to keep clean but it looks great for the first few day's after it has been cleaned.
Seat height
Everyone wanting to race you can get annoying, but hey winning is a lovely habit!

Clio 182, Audi A3
Likes: Performance, looks, compact size, agility, throttle response, zenons, Arctic Blue. No problem with high seat, I like it.

Dislikes: Auto wipers, steering wheel and gear lever to far forward, no road feel through steering. Seat too flat, not enough support under thighs.

Overall a great car, especially for the money. I love it.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I'm a 172 full fat MkII owner, done over 10k in mine since September (4 or 5 months) and I agree with pretty much every comment above...

Now I was getting bored of my car,.. Until I gave my fook buddy a lift into town (incidentally to meet her boyfriend) in her ROVER 114GSi.... Oh my word, a comfy ride but 8valves of nothingness, heavy steering, stupid clutch, on the way out synchro mesh (40k car), skinny keen to understeer tyres...

But after ragging it back to our building I got used to it and actually found it ok.

Anyway, I then got into my car and went for a bit of 'spirited driving'. The seats hugged me, the noise was tolerable, the firmness welcome, the body roll minimal, the grip immense and the power... THE POWER!

What are we all gonna buy next to replace our 172/182s?

(I feel a new thread coming on)

John

john.med said:
I'm a 172 full fat MkII owner, done over 10k in mine since September (4 or 5 months) and I agree with pretty much every comment above...

Now I was getting bored of my car,.. Until I gave my fook buddy a lift into town (incidentally to meet her boyfriend) in her ROVER 114GSi.... Oh my word, a comfy ride but 8valves of nothingness, heavy steering, stupid clutch, on the way out synchro mesh (40k car), skinny keen to understeer tyres...

But after ragging it back to our building I got used to it and actually found it ok.

Anyway, I then got into my car and went for a bit of 'spirited driving'. The seats hugged me, the noise was tolerable, the firmness welcome, the body roll minimal, the grip immense and the power... THE POWER!

What are we all gonna buy next to replace our 172/182s?

(I feel a new thread coming on)

John

with a newer 1 .lol

Maz

LY 200
I just hate Renault .. especially AC at Warrington ..

Luv my car to bits but they make everything soooooooo much f*cking hard work .. (rant over) sorry if off topic .. lol

Maz :)

tiTTy & SV650
Had my 04 182 since new in June 04, just done 24,100miles.

Dislikes: seating postion, dealers attitude, no decent sized cup holders lol, autowipers.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
05 plate, had from new, now 20k.

Like:
Xenons
Cruise
Seats

Dislike:
Renault
Knocking on wheel spin
Knocking on full lock
Rear wiper going on reverse
Front wiper courtesy wipe when cleaning
Crap boot light lol
Cup holders
Need more power

Mini Cooper S sport
I forgot I'd posted in this topic, I thought someone had hi-jacked my username until I realised it was old :eek:

Still the same though - love everything except minor niggles..just wish it went EVEN faster!

A Beautiful R32
the only thing I really dislike, and I'm surprised many more of you haven't said this but... THE BLOODY TURNING CIRCLE!! It turns like an Oil Tanker... And I hate looking like a prat who can't park a small car...

Silver 182 F/F
Stupid clicking noise when wipers are working,and i don't know if this is just my car but the two stage throttle,feels like it's grounded then press a bit harder then there's more,can't figure out if it's worth pressing into the second stage.

Sometimes it seems to want to unlock it's self.

106 GTi
My Peugeots with autowipers in the past have done the silly clicking noise guess I am used to it!

Thought the click at then end of full throttle was something to do with the cruise?

Focus ST
BRUCE182 said:
Stupid clicking noise when wipers are working,and i don't know if this is just my car but the two stage throttle,feels like it's grounded then press a bit harder then there's more,can't figure out if it's worth pressing into the second stage.

Sometimes it seems to want to unlock it's self.

I believe the second stage is for when you want to bypass the speed limiter, quoting the book '..in case of emergencies..':D Should make much difference for take off!!

Der Panzer
Dislikes:

Wiper relay clicking – just bad. :mad:
Steering wheel is too big – but make it small and you can’t see the dials.
Gear throw – I’ve had to have my arms surgically lengthened.
Dash – Big, grey and just s**t really
Materials used in construction of interior – Plastic, acres and acres of plastic.
ICE – Factory stardard one is poor
Road Noise

Just about everything else, but especially 2nd and 3rd gear. :D

tiTTy & SV650
You think the turning circles bad try a V6, Ive never struggled to park my 182 or to do a 3 point turn, dont see the turning circle as a problem at all.

MINI JCW
Dislike:

Annoying noise form the windscreen wipers or from the electrics when they are on as it sounds like it comes from the glove box area (or is that just me?)

One rattle which is coming from the glove box or passenger door

Other than that love everything about it, especially at the moment as it seems to be flying

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Likes,

Performance, handling etc -Love the merging onto the motorway ability.
Not to many about
The overall spec, climate, cruise, xenons.
Value for money
Its looks, very subtle, so you can catch you merc drivers off guard at the lights.

Dislikes,

Anto wipers, never wipe at the right speed.
Can't flash on auto lights
turning circle- just something that takes a little getting use to.
Steering wheel a little on the big side
The rattles - solution found - increase radio volume.
Wind noise on the mirrors.
Black is a bugger to keep clean. but when clean looks amazing!!

Overall i love it and i have never regreted my puchase.

Ant

Clio 172 Mk2
Gweebs said:
I believe the second stage is for when you want to bypass the speed limiter, quoting the book '..in case of emergencies..':D Should make much difference for take off!!

huh?

just intrested, how you mean?

A Beautiful R32
rory182 said:
You think the turning circles bad try a V6, Ive never struggled to park my 182 or to do a 3 point turn, dont see the turning circle as a problem at all.

lol... I've heard the V6's can be tricky to park... I use to have a micra, could fit it into the smallest of spaces, find that the clio is nowhere near as easy to park. Had to get someone at the gym once to move their car as I just couldn't get the 182 out of the space... lol

Even my mate who has a 1.2 says her turning circle is rubbish.

clio 182 black /gold
Dislikes

Dealers taking 4 attempts to fix it.
The engine clunking
The suspension cluncking
The rattles
The bumpy ride on the roads.
The raining in.

Clio 182 Full fat
only thing i dislike about my clio is erm i have to wash it every 3 days

seats.gif

and i find the driving postion fine i have no real problems with my 182 at all love it and the only thing that annoys me is i dont get to drive it as often as i would like :dapprove:

I like the rattles and the lack of fuel consumption. It means I'm driving a decent car.
I dont like the local council for putting loads of anti slide stuff on the roads cos it's winter. My screenwash is leaking out when I fill it, so cant wash the window, and cant see. But then if I didn't tailgate screaming "Out of the way!!!!It's a 70 zone. Means you can go 99!!!! it's probably not be so bad.

172 mk2
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
Mmmmm lemme see now?

Likes..

its comfortable ( enough for me to sleep in - which I have done already! lol )
Xenon blue lights .... better than those cheap chavvy blue bulb copies ANYDAY!! pmsl
cruise control
its mean stance
the standard CD player will play copies ( heeehee ;) )
adjustable height seat and steering wheel
the auto-climate control heating system
coz its fast lol
the colour - Racing blue ;oP
the price I paid for it new! :D
you can turn the auto-light feature off - can be a pain but its good ;o)
the shape of it

Dislikes....
Dodgy Dealers (yep some people know my views on that)
auto wiper setting ... now that wont turn off
the steering wheel is offset and it hasnt been curbed
wind noise... it isnt the quietest of cars for outside noise
theres no rear toe eye
the rear wiper doesnt always clear the wipe coz of the curve at the top of the back window

Other than that ... I'm happy with it 100%

isnt there one under the bumper!! can sometimes see it if following another clio...

1998 BMW e46 323i
Feckin electrics: SERV and AIRBAG lights.... If I meet the guy who designed the airbag and seatbelt pre-tensioners system I'd need locking up afterwards.

Love the climate control, the speed of the thing and the grip though.