ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Like for looks...

197CUP
I've just bought one of the last 197's that was made and stunning it is! However I keep hearing the same question why that and why not a 200??? Simple - I think the 197 has a MUCH better looking front! I can't help but think the 200 looks a little plasticy and geeky and the front - but hey! that's just me. Wondered which of the two everyone else preferred because I hate to admit everyone I speak to likes the 200 better....

MKV GTI
Never noticed there was much difference between the 197/200 rear end other than the diffuser/exhaust.

I weirdly prefer the 200 seems to have grown on me.

So long as it is correctly specced speedlines,recaros etc id have either.

197CUP
Never noticed there was much difference between the 197/200 rear end other than the diffuser/exhaust.

I weirdly prefer the 200 seems to have grown on me.

So long as it is correctly specced speedlines,recaros etc id have either.

Thats pretty much it tbh - the chrome exhaust tips give it a bit more presence than the hidden away/slash cut ones on the 197 - especially from a distance

RS6 C7
200 all the way.
pMain reason, from a distance, head on the 200 looks 'special' where as from a distance, a 197 could be a 1.4..
Unless you buy it in puff blue, Then it looks a different kind of "Special"

Only joking mate, I love RB!

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
I am with RyG as well... If i had another Clio it would be another Ph1 but different colour or a 200

Clio 200
Having had a 197 and now a 200, I liked the 197 front, but much prefer the purposeful 200 back end – it's what the new 200T is sorely missing – a big fat backside.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
R27 is the best imo, with the front splitter/skirts. Although 200 does win on colours, AG & SG are stunning!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I used to think this, but the 200 front has won me over.

And despite them both being ahead of the curve, both are starting to look dated imo.
Actually, I think I've been a bit blunt here.

Despite being the instant favourite when the 200 came out, I think he 197's limited shelf life has worked to it's advantage in terms of looks (it's well and truly PLUMMETED in terms of value since the forthwith arrival of the 200)

But now, the 197 commands epic road presence and feels, if anything, more au courant than the 200.

Don't like either tbh 182 trophy all the way.

Obviously, but try be contructive!

E92 325D
I'll happily admit i didnt like the 200 at first.

Then i test drove an Alien Green one and was sold on the front end. Lairy colours are a requirement imo! And cup spoiler!

But i own a LY200 so im a little biased? Think the 197 looks a little dated in comparison.

197CUP
fairly mixed reaction despite what I expeccted then! Think the rear splitter on the 200 is a reoccuring theme as well and I have to admit I'm quite tempted by one - does anyone know if they're available anywhere in carbon?

renault clio 182
I love the 197 think the 200 only looks good in certain colours and with all the extras ie the spoiler in so on without looks nothing special I'd love a 197 but only in LY or RB

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
197 for me by far. I've never really liked the 200 front end, although as others have said 200 diffuser / exhaust tips are better. R27 was the best Mk3.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Choosing between these two would be like picking the winner of a hot dog eating contest.

Seriously though, yes the R27 is the best looking Mk3.