ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lights on dash

hi all,for 2wks now every so often the stop and the triangle with a skidding car keeps flashing at the same time,do you know wot is up with it plz :S

Your traction control is kicking in or the system registering a fault.

You should know if its a fault it should only come on when its workign to stow your going to quick for the tyre normal rotational speed.

Last edited:
If it's doing it when you're pulling away quickly or cornering hard as edde says its just the traction kicking in which wouldnt surprise me given how greasy the roads are at the moment.

Black 172 Mk2
Its been happening on mine too have you recently had the tyres changed?

My Traction light and ABS lights come on when I go above 120 or when I cane it round a corner it started ever since I had the two front tyres changed at a local numpty tyre place (I had to get best deal for semi decent tyres as my funds are woeful and 3 points a tyre and a fine for my bald ones wouldn't have been a better option :) )

I've got it booked in to be looked at under warranty but apparently the fact the front tyres are 84V and back are 80V can cause problems with sensors.

F*cked if I know though

My Traction light and ABS lights come on when I go above 120 or when I cane it round a corner it started ever since I had the two front tyres changed at a local numpty tyre place (I had to get best deal for semi decent tyres as my funds are woeful and 3 points a tyre and a fine for my bald ones wouldn't have been a better option :) )

I've got it booked in to be looked at under warranty but apparently the fact the front tyres are 84V and back are 80V can cause problems with sensors.
Nope tyres won't matter.

I'd bet the tyre fitters hit the sensor and kncoked it or damaged the wiring.