ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lights on, but there's no petrol home

Ziel Nurburgring
Fuel light came on last night on the way home. Though i'd be ok, checked the miles to go and its already below the point of telling you how far you'd get. Im taking bets on making the optimax garage down the road at lunch.

How fars everyone else squeezed out of their cars after the lights appeared. Reckon i've covered 25 since it stopped giving a distance so far. lol

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
If im right then the miles to go comes on until you have 1 gallon left, so that all depends on your current fuel consumtion. If you drive like a granny, your miles reading goes off in the 40's (yeah right), but if you like to use the fun pedal a lot it will stay on till nearer the late 20's. I could be wrong but that what i thought.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Mine got to 50 miles last night, travelling up the M1. Dropped down to the last marker on the fuel gauge, (the hollow one) and then went to -- -- !!!!

My guess is that I still had at least 30 miles to go, but I wasnt risking it, so I put £10 in at the services. Gonna have to fill her up later. Cant be having no fuel..

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Tomo172 said:
Stupid game

You will dredge all the rubbish up at the bottom of your tank!!!

Ive run mine down to the light and further since ive got the car, so i cant imagine theres too much sh1t at the bottom, and ive never noticed a performance difference etc

Citroen DS3 DSport
My light usually appears when the computer reports 40 miles remaining, strangely the car only reports I've used 9 gallons of petrol at 35mpg. If that is true then I should at least have 70 miles remaining.

inferno rs 182
ive got a 182 and never seen any light even when i the trip computer was tell me a only had 27m left in the tank a nd the fuel needle was resting firmly below the red marker?????????? so when does it come on?

E90
50 kms easy geezer from when the light comes on to when u should fill it up. thats 30+ miles in old money, and all calculated at my "dont pay for my own petrol" silly driving speeds.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I can get about 50-60 miles from the light coming on to death, 100-130 miles to a tenner of fuel..
Winner ;)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
25miles i think but OMs did the test and got stranded in the middle of nowhere...!...lol

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Mine usually comes on when 40 miles are remaining...just depends how you drive, and how fast you take certain corners...

Tyson.

Tom did a test once I think and ran out of fuel the trips quite accurate realy knowing how big Clio tolerances are