ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lights behind Dashboard / Buttons

Anybody ever replaced them all?

I take it they are on circuit boards being smd?

Yus.

On 1*2s you'll need 10 PLCC-2 SMDs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357840454014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357840454014.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 39
  Titanium 182
I have, it's fiddly and takes ages but it looks good. The only problem was the centre console clock. That's supposed to have bulbs in it but my old 05 182 has some strange kind of SMD's in it that nowhere sold, they had 4 mounting points as apposed to two.

In the end I wired in two bulbs from elsewhere for the clock and sanded the orange filter but it never looked right.

attachment.jpg

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Looks brilliant.

Fiddly isn't a problem.

I'm an electrician and have worked on computer motherboards before.

How much did it cost and how long did it take?

Should be 2nd nature to you then costs around £4-5 maybe cheaper maybe dearer. It'll take around an hour or two I got a harness made up so I can test the dash is correctly working too.

www.modiify.com is what I sometime use.

Titanium 182
you can buy a kit of everything you need on ebay, search clio dashboard led conversion or something and it comes up.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Sweet ill be looking into that then!

I take it the needles on the dashboard are an LED each?

I.e - different colour to the numbers is an option?

The only problem was the centre console clock. That's supposed to have bulbs in it but my old 05 182 has some strange kind of SMD's in it that nowhere sold, they had 4 mounting points as apposed to two.

In the end I wired in two bulbs from elsewhere for the clock and sanded the orange filter but it never looked right.

clockled.jpg
centreclock.jpg

Those SMDs are easy to get hold of, they're PLCC-4 SMDs.

All MK2 Clio 2004+ that have a centre LCD in dials use these, and also most of the centre clocks too.