ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightening strike.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I was sitting in the car outside my house this afternoon fiddling about with my new stereo when all of a sudden there was a bright white flash and an enormous bang. At first I honestly thought that there had been an explosion. I have never heard anything like it in my life. After looking up and realising that nothing had exploded I realised that I was a thunder bolt. I had to pop out for physio and when I got back I've found that my wireless router, external hard drive, house alarm, sky+ box and one of my tv's have been fried!

My question is, does anyone know if it will the LMB on the dish that has been fried? The Sky box does come on but says no satellite signal being received. I've tried the usual turn off and on again to no avail.

Luckily the router and tv are less than 6 months old sold holding be any real issues getting those replaced.

Ibiza FR
Our house got struck a few years ago when we were away on holiday and fried pretty much everything. House insurance replaced it all, nice chance to upgrade everything!

225 Cup & Williams
I'll imagine the the dish will be fucked with the surge of power from the strike.

Very rare occurrence of lightning strikes in Britain.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ooft.

Happened to my Grandad's place a few years back. He was out, came home and felt the static buzz in the house, obviously had no idea what happened. Neighbour said there was a huge white ball like you describe.. blew him off his chair !! Fried most electrical stuff in his house.

Just out of interest, were your router and HDD plugged into some kind of surge protection or just straight into the wall/cheap extension lead ?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Ooft.

Happened to my Grandad's place a few years back. He was out, came home and felt the static buzz in the house, obviously had no idea what happened. Neighbour said there was a huge white ball like you describe.. blew him off his chair !! Fried most electrical stuff in his house.

Just out of interest, were your router and HDD plugged into some kind of surge protection or just straight into the wall/cheap extension lead ?

Cheap extension lead DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily the iMac was though phew!!!!

I was in a building that was struck a few years back.

It was like a bomb going off, followed by, an eerie silence, and what felt like a distinct lack of oxygen in the air. Freaky s**t.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Some good news, the external hard drive is ok. It's just the power pack that's knackered. Phone line is still not working. There was a BT man outside earlier. He was a fellow 182 owner and came over to ask about my car! He reckons that most of the houses in our street have had their phone lines fried!