ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light weight battery for a daily?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
What would be the best solution for putting a light battery in a daily?
I've removed aircon, so think the full 44Ah is no longer needed. (Might want to keep similar CCA though)
So what is the lightest that can go in the original location, or maybe a heavier one in the boot?
Car is used 5 days a week, but hardly in the weekends.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
You won’t have a problem as long as you are using the car 80% of the time.I have one on my Subaru which is a weekend toy as long as you are sympathetic in the use and have not got big amps etc... you will be fine leaving it off for a couple of days until you next drive it,a decent trickle charger would be helpful also especially if you are going on holiday etc... or leaving the car off for longer,I have had the same agm battery on my car for years now without no problems.SJ.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
You won’t have a problem as long as you are using the car 80% of the time.I have one on my Subaru which is a weekend toy as long as you are sympathetic in the use and have not got big amps etc... you will be fine leaving it off for a couple of days until you next drive it,a decent trickle charger would be helpful also especially if you are going on holiday etc... or leaving the car off for longer,I have had the same agm battery on my car for years now without no problems.SJ.

so what are you using atm?