ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light up my life!

LOTS!
A quick (but embarressing) question...

The lights on my 172 mk2 aren't all working properly - The side lights are fine, when I flip to headlight only one xenon is working but when I flip to full beam both xenons work. Headlights are fine too.

So my question is, how is the xenon working on full beam but not on normal headlight mode? Are there two bulbs in the xenon part? :eek:

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the beam too? can't find a control in the car for this??? :eek: :eek:

On a seperate note, it's my cars 33'000 birthday today! :D
Image020.jpg

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
How many times have you tried that? One of the xenon starters failed on mine and it would work intermittently. Test it over a couple of days to see if it is just an intermittent thing.

LOTS!
Rick said:
How many times have you tried that? One of the xenon starters failed on mine and it would work intermittently. Test it over a couple of days to see if it is just an intermittent thing.
One of the what ?! :dapprove: Xenon starter sounds expensive! I only tried it last night so will keep trying.

Is it possible it can just be a bulb?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Bulbs tend to either work or not if you see what I mean! The starter cost me around £150 but thats with a staff discount on parts from Renault. Might be able to get one from a breakers for cheaper than that tho.

Thats not to say it will deffo be the starter though, it could just be a loose connection somewhere possibly.

VW ....
Got ur PM :)

Exactly the same symptoms as what i had on mine .... put into dealer & was a very easy fix ... loose relay apparently .

Hope urs is as easy to fix m8