ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light swirl removal

M135i
Hello, first time using the pc today. Ive got some light swirls and holograms. Should i be ok using sfx 2 polish on sfx 2 pad and then to follow up with srp on the sfx 3 pad?

106 GTi
That would be my first port of call. How well it will work may vary as even minor swirls may be a biatch to shift.

M135i
didnt work very well at all, even after multiple passes. that renault paint seems to be hard stuff. think ill have to order some #83 this week and try it at the weekend. would i be best to use that on the sfx2 pad first then if its not working well move to a sfx1?

106 GTi
Even light swirls do take some shifting.

Chances are it will need a light cut pad but ideally you should try it on the polishing pad first. Not a big #83 fan and don't use it myself these days but a lot of others do so will hopefully give you some more advice on it.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
You know you want the IP james.;) I still have a bottle with some in if you want to try it.

M135i
yes ado, that would be good. ill text you tomorrow :)

ive heard mixed feelings about #83, but also heard IP was quite hard to work with. suppose you dont know if you dont try!

106 GTi
Neither are as easy to use as SSR 2.5.

IP yeilds the best finish for me. I did a red 306 Rallye with it yesterday and followed it with Megs 80 which looked sweet.

6.jpg

106 GTi
Sonus SFX 1 Light Cut Pad with the origional Formula Intensive Polish.

Then Sonus SFX 2 Polishing pad with Megs #80 as I had seen it work well on flat red so tried that rather than Final Finish.

The finish left by the IP alone was wax/sealant ready by the #80 really added extra gloss. My mate was well pleased.

5.jpg

2.jpg